Alias by Neomag, a new holster attachment system

Neomag just dropped this new holster attachment system. It is designed to replace your belt clip with a “rail” (not sure what else to call it) that snaps into a mount that is attached to your belt. They also offer a hard-mount so you can easily detach from your belt and then attach to the hard-mount that you’ve placed elsewhere like a desk (for example).

It looks pretty interesting. It doesn’t show the holster clips in front of a belt so it would be pretty handy for tucked in carry and an alternative to a J-hook or ulti-clip (which attaches to your pants). Lockup seems solid and its made from 7075 aluminum. It’s hard to tell how thick it is though and whether it would affect printing. Also, not sure how much hassle it would be to slide the receiver on/off your belt everyday if you tend to switch belts or if your pant’s belt loops are too small to slide the belt with receiver out.

Neomag makes other good quality, well thought out products like their magnetic magazine holder (how they started), the sentry strap (magnetically holds your rifle sling), and RASC which is a quite ingenious way to carry a speed strip for revolver reloads.

Available here:

4 Likes

This is not for me because I do not want a magnetic near my Rolex Submariner.

1 Like

Looks pretty interesting and I wouldn’t mind trying it out. You can also use it for staging firearms throughout your home.

Agree 100 percent with you @Mike270 keep it away from the Rolex. :+1::+1:

1 Like

It does not appear to be magnetic from what I have seen, and on the website the company makes no mention of magnets for this. The connector might be a bit thick for some people, but it is an interesting design.

1 Like

The best staging method is to on-body your sidearm in and around your house.

2 Likes

Actually, the best staging method is what works for each individual. Some people cannot or no not want to carry a firearm 24/7, some do.

There is no “best” method just like telling a community member here what the “best handgun” is.

Stay safe.

4 Likes

:100: %

2 Likes

Best advice I’ve heard!

4 Likes

If anyone is interested in this product, NeoMag is having a sale for the next 10 days on their entire lineup.

• 10% off when you spend $25 - $99
  • 15% off when you spend $100 - $199
  • 20% off when you spend $200+

https://mailchi.mp/theneomag/black-friday-sale-everything-is-on-sale?e=acad25e36a

1 Like

Okay,

I bit the hook and I ordered the 3 piece kit with extra hardware for a high holster mount. I’ll see how this thing works and report back on my findings.

Stay safe out there.

3 Likes

Looking forward to a full review, @Frank73.

2 Likes