A reliable eye-witness?

We have all heard that no two eye-witnesses see an incident the same.

What would it be worth to have a camera recording a self-defense incident?

Would you use one?

1 Like

My only concern here is that it doesn’t record what happens leading up to the incident. That can be extremely relevant, especially in court. This is an interesting idea though!

2 Likes

Eh, I don’t know. Sounds more like it would “remember” more than me. It could poke holes in your story even though you are involved in a good shoot. The less you have to remember, the less you have to screw up. A good shoot is a good shoot. I wouldn’t be afraid of the law, if you’re in the right. The civil case that follows months or years down the road might be a stumbling block to your memory and your finances.

1 Like

Would be better off with a body camera to get the whole situation instead of what happened when you had to pull your gun.

2 Likes

That was something I was thinking about too, @Spence. I’m not to the point of wearing a body camera, but we might be putting one on our Harley for long road trips just to be safe.

1 Like

I used a Go Pro on the bike when we made our Route 66 trip. Biggest draw back I had was the battery life not being as long as I had hoped.

2 Likes

I have a Go Pro mounted on my 'Wing. I have a special case for it that was reviewed in Wing World magazine that has a water proof boot to pass power through to the Go Pro. Otherwise 1 aftermarket battery gets me 2 hours of constant recording and the memory card I have in it holds 8 hours.

1 Like