A Quote from the Nashville Shooting

This is the old theory: you don’t have to outrun the bear, you simply have to outrun the slowest person being chased by the bear.

I recall squads in Iraq kitting up their trucks to be just harder than the next squad. It was the same idea. They didn’t have to be invulnerable to attack, they simply didn’t want to be the softest target available.

It’s sad that we’ve come to this with schools, but I guess that’s where we are.

2 Likes

They are the new used car salesmen of the educational system. Talking kids into something they don’t need or want

2 Likes

Looked like a keltec,

BTW is it possible that this type of thing is tossed all over the news, and it’s kinda like a way to become noticed or famous? Do you think this is a factor in the “copycat” thing.

4 Likes

Yup, Sub 2000 and an EZ 9

2 Likes

How can that be an AR styled weapon?
Pffff.

2 Likes

Believe the shooter also had an AR style rifle or pistol as well but was using the Sub 2000 in the video that I saw.

2 Likes

All I saw was the non ar. Was not aware there were other weapons. Thanks for the info.

4 Likes

That’s all I saw being used as well. But I did see an article yesterday that supposedly showed images of the 3 weapons used and one of the images was of an AR. The original report I saw mentioned 2 rifles and a pistol.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’m bracing myself for more bad news, especially the way a lot of people are treating this monster like a martyr.

4 Likes

Yes they are treating her like a martyr and a victim! She kills 3 children and these monsters are calling for a protest. The left is beyond morally bankrupt.

Funny how they are withholding the manifesto.

4 Likes
7 Likes

And biden laughed when a Reporter asked if he thought Christians were being targeted for killing.

2 Likes

I am curious about why she chose her old school which happened to be Christian. Was she bullied by other kids there? Was she bullied by the staff or a priest or nun? Did she resent Christianity because she knows that Christians don’t except Transgender ideas? Or was she just lazy and was like, well it’s close to my house?

It’s crazy to me that we don’t have armed security in school. When I was in elementary, middle, and first two years of high school we had no on-site security. I transferred to a nicer high school for my junior and senior year, and they had some kind of officer but they were far from security and definitely not armed. It seems like today more schools have some kind of officer on-site but again, unarmed. I think as long as the security person can be evaluated to not lose their ■■■■ and shoot kids when kids are doing stupid ■■■■ that kids do, I don’t know why we don’t have armed security at school that are trained to deal with these situations.

4 Likes

From what I’ve read, on this forum and elsewhere, the murderer planned to shoot up another school, but it had better security. So it is possible that the child murderer harbored some resentment towards this school, but that doesn’t explain why it was next on the list instead of first.

The people trying to make excuses for the child murderer are blaming the school and the religion. If a person can get to the point where they can justify a murderer walking into a school and killing children, then that person no longer has a place in sane society.

FWIW, it was a Presbyterian school, so it didn’t have priests or nuns.

9 Likes

There’s no excuses for what she did at all, but it doesnt mean there werent some underlying influences on her mental state. I’m just curious what pushes a person to that point.

4 Likes

If you never find it out that means you’re a good person with conscientious moral rules.

4 Likes

Years ago, I was having coffee with a psychologist when the story broke about the Aurora, Colorado shooting (The Dark Knight movie). One TV personality after another lined up to discuss the murderer’s motivation. She turned to me and said, “There is no motivation. He’s crazy. These news people need to stop trying to make sense of this. If you could understand it, that would make you crazy, too.”

I’ve kept that advice for the past 10 years. It’s an interesting question, from the perspective of what makes humans tick, but we have to be careful that we don’t dive too deep on cases like this.

9 Likes

Why do you think they are not releasing the shooter’s manifesto? The minute they release it they have gone from martyr to monster.

6 Likes

Yeah. You must be crazy to understand crazy person. I admire psychologists and psychiatrists for their job, how they try to understand something that is hard to understand at the first place.

3 Likes