A Little Gah-gah S & W M&P M2.0

One pistol in .40 I’ve become interested in is the S & W M&P M2.0 “Pro” with its 5" non-ported barrel and slide. Any experience with this standard model? At an msrp of $680+. it’s pricey. Does the maker offer a tool to make it easy to change out and adjust the grip? THX

1 Like

You’re supposed to bring that little guy over.

1 Like

I own the M&P 2.0 5” FDE in 40 (it’s the gun they put in for the military trials). It’s my Home defense gun. It’s a great firearm. I do wish I would have gotten it chambered in 9mm. It handles .40 really well, I just know it must handle 9mm like a dream.

No malfunctions. Shoots great. Accurate. The only downfall is holster selection.

1 Like

The grips are easily changed. There is a piece you twist and pull out of the grip. It requires no tools. Some people use the piece that comes out as a tool to disassemble the gun without pulling the trigger (there is a take down lever in M&Ps), but I always safety check the gun multiple times before disassembly and pull the trigger in a safe direction.

1 Like

I have the standard model (4.25" barrel). I chose it after renting/firing the Sig (P229 IIRC) and a G23 with it.

The only issue I have is that the stippling grabs my clothes… don’t want to try it against my skin either.

1 Like

Yes I own an M&P 2.0 compact in 9mm and the back straps on the grips are easy to change. Hope this helps.

2 Likes