A good read on who and what we are battling against

“The devoted anti-gunner, who is intrinsically opposed to individual responsibility, is a far greater threat to liberty than is the ignorant. Those who are simply uninformed about firearms will react emotionally in the wake of a well-publicized event but they soon forget about it; they are not invested in the issue. Those who wish to place all authority and capability in the hands of an all-powerful state, however, work ceaselessly to infringe on the Second Amendment because it is a foremost obstruction to their desired endgame. The removal of all responsibility and all capability from the individual and a forced reliance on government is the true motivation for the anti-gun movement and understanding this is essential in our fight for freedom.”

Individual Responsibility: The True Divide on the Second Amendment

2 Likes

This is very true

1 Like

Good read. We really are seeing the next generation not take responsibility for their own well being. The other day I was reading about parents dipping into their own retirement, to support their adult children. It’s the same with gun ownership. This next generation doesn’t want to even defend their own lives.

1 Like

You know how much I’m against labeling groups together - this one has it’s exceptions as well. I don’t think it’s a generational thing as much as it’s the entitlement feeling grown and nurtured in the next generation. I think it’s there with a lot from my generation and older generations, but it was tempered because hard work was honored before. Now hard work is a 4 letter word. Punishing people for working hard makes people not want to work hard or take responsibility for themselves.

Who is John Galt?

4 Likes

Let me rephrase mine. The individuals I see on a daily basis, that are part of the next generation, take no responsibility for their actions. I know the whole generation is not that way, but, a large number are. Fair enough?

2 Likes

“We are”, we’re Galt

3 Likes

A large number of them are that way, @45IPAC. My sons (19 year old twins) tell me stories of some of their co-workers who are anywhere from 18-35 who aren’t fond of working hard. For example, one of my sons installed 10 pieces in 8 hours while two other guys working together only installed 4 of the same pieces in 8 hours.

I agree that there are a lot of those types of people. I’m a very proud mom of 3 in that next generation who don’t fit that mold. :blush:

5 Likes