10mm pistol advice

I agree on all counts. The 10mm is a super versatile cartridge that manufacturers have taken advantage of to come out with a HUGE spread in offers with wildly different performance parameters. I have 135gr screaming fast but low recoil Self Defense rounds for mine and also 180gr hot hard casts loads, so some fine tuning with springs is good to make the two ends of the universe loads work well and not beat up your gun.

3 Likes

I considered the 10mm. What pulled me away were several of the issues stated here already. No reason to rehash it.
What I did instead was look at and bought me the Glock 31 / .357 Sig
Why? You have a .40 cal round bottlenecked into a .357 / 9mm round.
Pending the gr and round type you’re not losing anything. I’m not a big polymer fan either but it is more practical.
If I went all steel I would consider anything in a 1911 styled class.
Another factor I looked at is that my Beretta .40 APX has the ability to drop an optional barrel with the dual capture springs or I can opt for the single coil spring. Now that affects the barrels inline differences but it’s preferential.
Why spend the money on 2 different calibers when one handgun is interchangeable between 2 calibers at the cost of only a barrel?
All around for me it was a triple win solution.
If your heart is set on a 10mm there are several reliable shooters on you tube. I don’t know if we can say names here so I hope I don’t get a penalty;
Hickok45
Heavy Metal Guns
Justinopinion
Colin Noir
Just to name a few.
Hope I’m not doing anything wrong here…

3 Likes

EAA is a broker that imports many gun models. I have had and still have several EAA pistols.
The 10MM you are asking about is built in Italy. Tanfaglio is the name of the company, they have been building weapons for a great number of years. The full metal guns are heavy, but the weight adds to the stability of the weapon and allows the shooter to acquire the sights/target quickly. I use a chest holster for my large guns, just makes my life easier. If you are in an area that could have bear/hog or large cats than the 10MM loaded with Buffalo Bore ammo would be my go-to set up. Faced with those kinds of problems the weight will soon be forgotten. Another point the Tanfaglio weapons have been used in competition and fair very well. I would also suggest getting the Stainless Steel version if you are going to carry in the wilds, due to the weather resistance.

Larry

3 Likes

It’s ordered! Just waiting for a shipping notification :metal:

3 Likes