Yes, Police Ticket Quotas Are Real - Ep. 6.050

2 Likes

I can say unequivocally that the Jefferson County Kentucky and Oldham County Kentucky Sheriffs’ offices did not have quotas When I was there. We could right as many tickets as we wanted. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m also not sure that what this video is describing is a quota. I believe the chief has the discretion to order officers to ticket every offense they observe and remove some of the discretion from the individual officers. This is exactly opposite but in the same vane as what is happening in Louisville right now. The City of Louisville has passed an ordinance making possession of marijuana charges for adults the “lowest priority” for the Louisville Metro Police Department and LMPD officers can be disciplined for enforcing state marijuana laws. There are some 22 or more other police departments in the county that are still enforcing the law. Not to be outdone, the County Attorney’s Office, the county prosecutor, has gone one step further and publicly advised that they will not prosecute possession of marijuana under 1 oz. charges in Jefferson County.

1 Like

I always enjoy your input Mike. Thanks.

1 Like