Would you sell your house and move?

I was looking at Lordsburg

@Todd30 Whatā€™s your preference in NM, small town, mountainous, near big city, close to recreational area? I know NM fairly well. Born and raised.

2 Likes

well location to get to there and the closer to a VA hospital as possible. Away from the city folk but not forsaken. Any state or city west of the Rio Grande.

2 Likes

I am used to green year-round with grand mountains in my back yard and the ocean in my front yard.

2 Likes

Pretty sure Iā€™d be ok with it, my wife however would probably insist we move. Seeing is she is a pretty fair cook and easy on the eyes Iā€™d probably be Florida bound

3 Likes

@Todd30 Albuquerque, NM has the only one VA Hospital in the state, but several VA clinics which are sought to being closed which are Gallup, Las Vegas, Espanola, and Raton. Legislators are fighting to keep them open. They want ABQ VA Hospital to be the ā€œTO GOā€ place for all Vets. Just FYI. NM has many mountains and lakes, BUT no ocean. Nice areas not far from Lordsburg is Silver City, and then there are Jemez Springs, Tierra Amarilla, Chama, Red River, Eagle Nest, Taos, Ruidoso. Other States, South Fork Co., Durango Co., Mesa Az., Show Low Az.

2 Likes

Would you sell your house and move?

Already did, decades ago.

It wasnā€™t the burglary. We fixed the window, put up a fence, and got a big dog.

It wasnā€™t the drug dealer next door. He turned out to be a pretty good neighbor who never brought his work home with him.

It was the fresh bullet hole I found in the side of my car when I got home from work one day. Hadnā€™t been there when I left work; must have acquired it on the freeway commute. It was right in line with the baby carrier mounted in the rear seat. No way to defend against the sheer randomness. Sold up and took an apartment in the suburbs as a staging ground for a move out of state.

Have never regretted it.

4 Likes

@Ronald150 I will be going to New Mexico in June to check out some houses for sale. We will be coming down the 25 looking. then who knows from there.

2 Likes