Would you sell your house and move?

I love that!

3 Likes

I get that being a terrible thing to happen. I wouldn’t sell my house because someone else made a bad choice. But we are all different in a lot of ways. I respect someone doing what hey need to do. There was a saying that is still being said at times. Doors being locked are for the intruders protection

3 Likes

No, not for the reason described in the story, not for fear of a potential intrusion, The wife and I have a lot of training and continue to train. HOWEVER! The topic of moving to a red state comes up between us more and more. We live in the country and are fortunate to live in a predominantly red county, but our poor state of Michigan has lost it’s damn mind politically. We talk about moving to Tennesee, we love riding motorcycles around Tellico Plains area and have often wondered if we could find work down there, But as for being run off by bad guys? nah. Just bad politicians.

6 Likes

Come on down ya,ll Ride the tail of the dragon. :us:

6 Likes

Too damn old to move again - I’ve done that too many times. Besides, I don’t “traumatize” easily. I certainly wouldn’t be happy jf I shot someone but I would know it was necessary
Sòmone said bad politicians was reason to move and can agree. That and lake effect snow are why we left NY.

3 Likes

All we can say, it was good the home owner & his family are okay & safe. It important that we all carry in our own homes. At any given time a threat my be in your home. And it doesn’t matter if its night or day. And most of us get relaxed at home because our home is the safe place to be. Comfort, love & protection. But we have to understand & know we have to protect our home to be safe & secure. Years ago we never had to worry about being safe in our homes. i remember my parents going away to a store, leaving the house unlocked, same with the car. Go on vacation, house unlocked. any more we all have to stay safe at home as well as on the streets in our everyday life. And I would not move, no reason to move. Crime is everywhere, so where will you move, No such thing safe place to live any more,

2 Likes

Would I move?

In 2011 my house was shot at on 4 different occasions. I still live here. They are going to have to get half the Vatican to exorcise me from this place.

2 Likes

I thought this was interesting. :us:

2 Likes

In today’s real estate market never. If I sold my home I would get a lot of $ in comparison to what I sold it for. However I would not be able to get as good/large a home for the money (at least in my current city and state) nor an interest rate as low. Apartments are about the same, you may not be able to get a lower lease payment than you could with another apartment or home. I get it, but psychological help may be the best thing to do. If you need to move because of the trauma, you probably have a lot more going on that you are unaware of. Why compound a psych issue with a financial one?

2 Likes

That was some great information!
I’m legally changing my name from Scott52, Lawyer, allergic to penicillin, that’s the bad guy…
To, Scott52, lawyer, ambulance, that’s the bad guy…
Doesn’t it all come down to “lawyers, Guns and money”?

3 Likes

We sold last week for to much money, we close next week in south Mississippi. Down sized and bought cash, no more house payment.

4 Likes

Awesome! Wise decision as well. However in some states a death in the house is a disclosure item that may reduce the asking price. Also in my area few homes available in the under $1,000,000 category. Bad time to move unless you are downsizing and have the time to look and find a deal.

1 Like

This reminds me of the old joke…

A guy heard most crime happens within 5 miles of your home, so he moved.

4 Likes

I don’t think I could bring my self to move my kids grew up in our home and our dogs grown from puppy’s to 9 and 10 years old I don’t know if I could bring myself to move.

I found a place in New Mexico but I am bot sure about it yet! Anything out there I should know?

1 Like

Look at the mean altitude at sea level - it can range from 2K’ to 12K’ - look at mean temperatures, and its water situation. Look for a site that lists the best places to live in NM - you’ll certainly find a more detailed breakdown.

1 Like

Isn’t there a wild fire blazing out there river now?

I cannot afford the best places to live in New Mexico. I guess I will have to look elsewhere!

Where in NM are you searching to live? Rio Rancho area is not too bad.

I lived in Tome for about ten years, Loved It.

1 Like