Would you buy a used gun?

Yes brands like smith and Wesson and H&k as well as sig sauer and berretta , if available not glock , ruger,fn or cz unless they are ones I really want. Why not glock ? You’ll wind up paying for a new gun if you buy it cheap! That cheap glock will get a new slide new barrel new frame just make a poly 80 , surely I jest. Yes the answer is yes I would. Especially weapons like a glock because of parts commonality and aftermarket support .

2 Likes

I have both new and used purchases. Technically, everything from CMP is used. Whether new or used, I like to have a knowledgeable friend with me who can inspect it with a critical eye to make sure I’m not just throwing money at unicorns.

1 Like

Or Imo just check guns you know cost a fortune but can be had in the aftermarket for way less I mean a les bear or kimber , or some Gucci 1911 ( sig) sti, or others the church of John Browning is large and has many zealots but I look for sigs on the after market and will probably get a police trade or something like that, aside from slide wear some police trade ins are good as new emphasis on some look for Sig Sauer Glock and Smith&Wesson most are .40 or baby 10mm lol those three are the best bang for the buck Sig although seen by some as overly complicated it’s Rolex character comes into play , glock if your savvy you can fix it your self ( take glock armorers course ) Smyrna ga good investment plus you can send any used glock back to the factory and they will replace worn parts never send modified glocks they will come back stock and you won’t get those parts back and smitty good old S&W. Lifetime Warranty transferable meaning you break something they will fix it sometimes at a nominal fee but they honor that warranty which is a plus fo the budget conscious these are just my opinions and they are like butholes everybody has one lol! Cheers !

2 Likes

Sure I would. If the gun functions the way it supposed to and you like the gun by all means buy it. I probably would consider the make and manufacturer. You could probably get a good deal on one.

2 Likes

Yes I would… have.
A firearm is no different than anything else bought used.
As is / where is / buyer beware / and often times the deal going.

1 Like

I know some of you followed my thread about my 21-year-old son buying his first shotgun this weekend, but as I said, it was a used gun that had been very well taken care of and you can see that pretty well by the pictures. It was a pretty clean gun and all we had to do was put a little oil on the pump action and the barrel and it was ready to go shoot. We checked the stock and action out real good being that they were wood and worked the action to make sure it still operable. This is an older model Remington 870 Wingmaster pump action 5-shot 12 gauge.

1 Like

I’d almost put money on it, the kung flu will disappear November 4th

3 Likes