Would you buy a used gun?

Yeah, I mean you have to have some limitations.

3 Likes

@Robert8

You got used undies out of that. All I saw was used condoms. I mean who can afford a new condom everytime. I mean condoms can be turned inside out. Thatā€™s got to be worth a quarter. :eyes::innocent::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

@Zavier_D well I could have said your word olā€™ Buddy but this is the community and we have to keep it G Rating :thinking::nerd_face:for the record I thought it was Funny
Sir, Happy Weekend

1 Like

To quote one of my favorite movies ā€œA mans got to know is limitationsā€

3 Likes

No!! If I ever did would like to know the owner and know that could trust him or her! Otherwise I probably wouldnā€™t! You never know what could be wrong or if it would ever shoot!

1 Like

My first gun that I ever bought, a Smith & Wesson SW9VE full size 9mm, I got used from a pawn shop. I got a little history on it from the clerk who said the person that had it had not shot it hardly at all, and it didnā€™t look like it. I have put quite a few rounds through it over the last couple of years and it has worked flawlessly so far. Great gun for my first purchase and will probably have it for a few more years. I have since bought my everyday carry gun brand new from a dealer. Another great purchase!! My most recent purchase was an old J C Higgins bolt-action 3-shot 16-gauge shotgun that I got from a gun show for a steal of a price and it works like champ!!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve bought lots of guns used. If it is a pawn shop I take my feeler gauges and a micrometer. If itā€™s my local gun shop I trust them.

2 Likes

Yes, I have bought used guns. usually revolvers,

1 Like

Nahā€¦unless of course it is a pre 86ā€™ ban fully auto Fleming mp5 :thinking:

1 Like

Absolutely! There are some great deals out there and it helps the budget. Variety is the spice of life!

1 Like

How much do you have to spend?
With appropriate caution, Iā€™d prefer a quality used over a cheaply made new if thatā€™s all my finances allowed.

1 Like

My first handgun was used (Beretta PX4 Storm). I got lucky - it was a great gun, and I didnā€™t know anything about buying a handgun at that time. What really helped? The folks at the gun shop gave me the advantage of their knowledge.

1 Like

Sure! If Iā€™m looking at a revolver Iā€™ll take a feeler gauge with me to check cylinder gap etc. One time in a pawn shop I found a Kimber Custom II. The guy behind the counter said ā€œit shoots like crap so Iā€™ll make you a dealā€
After checking it over I determined it had been dropped on itā€™s muzzle but I kept my mouth shut.
I bought it for a song and the same day I sent the barrel out to be re-crowned. It has been a gas to shoot ever since.

1 Like

With the huge volume of firearms that are going to flood the market within the next few months a careful buyer should be able to get some great deals on guns that may not have ever been fired
Because Iā€™m afraid after this virus scare is over most people who (panic) bought a gun will probably sell said gun ā€œsince I donā€™t need it anymore ā€œ

1 Like

I agree. I really wish they would all hang on to them, get trained and become part of the community, but the realist in me is putting back money for a spending spree.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not convinced weā€™re going that back to normal any time soon. They are talking ā€œsecond waveā€ of infections, and if that turns out to be true, weā€™re talking late fall before this starts to really settle out. Thatā€™s long enough for ā€œnew normalā€ to really settle in and it may permanently change the way a lot of people think.
Iā€™m sure youā€™re right for some folks, but I think for many, this is genuine life-path change.

3 Likes

I actually have. About 2 years ago I bought a Stevens Model 954 from a pawn shop for $100. Just a little .22 to go plinking with. About the only thing I took into consideration was the caliber and overall condition of the gun. I ran the action to make sure it was still operational and inspected the stock and ran a bore light down the barrel. Had an issue with if feeding, so I took it apart for another cleaning and polished the feed ramp and some other parts. Been working like a champ ever since.

1 Like

Yes but only from a local or family dealer whom I know and take it back to if thereā€™s a problem. Prefer very much to test fire.

Oh, please donā€™t let that happen!!

3 Likes

Sadly, some very fine firearms are no longer produced or easily available so used is your only choice. There
s nothing wrong provided you know something about firearms. Every firearm I have sold (only two) was for a reasonā€“issues with the gun. I donā€™t have the patience to deal with an unreliable firearm.