Would you bring your family on a rampage?

Iowa Man Charged In Hotel Rifle Incident Released, Proposes To GF

The Iowa man who was arrested over the weekend on accusations he brought a rifle and handgun to his Chicago hotel room was released on bond Wednesday. On his way out of jail, he proposed to his girlfriend.
The woman, standing in front of an SUV, then took the ring and hugged Casteel. At that point, a child called out “mommy” from the backseat. Casteel got into the vehicle without answering any questions from reporters.
According to authorities, the woman, who has not been identified, had been with Casteel and their two children during their weekend trip to Chicago.

Just kinda odd…

5 Likes

Makes you go, hmmm :thinking:

3 Likes

According to Groot and the media, thousands of lives were saved by the hotel maid.

4 Likes

I just go hahahaha a lot.

2 Likes

What rampage ??? Aside from being arrested, is there something else ? God bless them.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @Doc

Would you bring your family on a rampage?

The obvious answer is no, and more likely than not, neither did he. He made several mistakes that resulted in state laws being broken. Why he had the rifle with him, we might find out at some point, but as of now, all we know is that he had it with him, along with a pistol.

2 Likes

Persons can’t be compelled to testify against a spouse. So maybe that’s it.

2 Likes

As long as the conversation took place while married, and with a “reasonable expectation of privacy”. IE, at home or in a car. Not if they were in public discussing committing a crime.
If that is indeed what his intentions were…
As usual, we’ll never know. He’ll have his detractors and his defenders and no one will know his true motivations. Unless we get Mr Spock to do a Vulcan mind meld. Then we’d know.

1 Like

I think we will know sooner than later.
Going to presume his home in Iowa was raided by LEOs and if there had been bad stuff found, doubt he would be free.

1 Like

Assuming Iowa is cooperating. The things he is charged with are not crimes in Iowa. Entirely possible they will tell IL to shove it.

Would look really, really, really bad if the Iowa cops DID NOT help and Casteel does eventually go on a rampage.

I also hope they are. But I never get my hopes up when bureaucrats are involved.
Whatever happens there will be people celebrating, and people bemoaning, the outcome.

the way things have been allowed to happen where he went… can see why he took em…

elections have consequences… hope the people realize it’s sorta on them for electin such???

1 Like