Work Sharp

Ken onion version…

I highly recommend!

5 Likes

Nice! I have a non KO version. Cheaper. Works well too.

2 Likes

Amazing what a mirror finish edge looks like and how long it stays sharp.

3 Likes

I have the non KO version to, I use it for kitchen knives and yard tools. I use a Lansky System that I use for my EDC, hunting and fishing knives. :+1:

2 Likes

This is the one I use, I even use it to sharpen my shaving razor …

3 Likes

I prefer honing over sharpening. If you hone it often, you rarely need to sharpen, which takes metal off the blade.

5 Likes

My sharpener came with a 6000 grit belt.

1 Like

I usually sharpen a blade no more than once or twice a year. In between sharpenings I use a steel as required.

1 Like

I cut cardboard quite a bit, using my old diamond sharpener I was having to sharpen every day, now once every three days.

1 Like

Wow! I get why you went the way you did :+1:

2 Likes

If you do a lot of cardboard cutting (why is cardboard so tough on knives?) I would look into a utility knife. When the blade gets dull swap it out for another one. They even have some really cool EDC or folding utility knives if that’s your thing.

4 Likes

Steel is a sharpener, too, unless it has no ridges.

1 Like

add the “Blade Grinding Attachment for the K.O.” and it’s even nicer. Great tools.
although, Shun VG-MAX is one hard/“tough?” steel to reshape the first time around.

2 Likes

It’s my edc right beside my shield, I’d rather pull it first is my best excuse :grin:

2 Likes

Go Vols :joy::grin::grin::joy:

1 Like

I’ve never had good luck sharping a knife, hell a butter knife will be shaper than any knifes, that I try to sharpen. :cry:

2 Likes