Wishing for Updates

When it comes to complaints and product suggestions, I’m totally fearless - I recently e-mailed Albertson’s, the owner of our local Acme supermarkets - about their piss-pathetic food choices for diabetics and sodium-watchers, describing my shopping experiences as a UPITA. I just as eloquently e-mailed Walther and CZ to encourage them - I’m tired of these pipsqueak .380s on the market - to offer an American-made PP, and an 8-round, single-stack, slimmed-down version of the CZ-83. You have to toot your own horn - nobody will toot it for you. Shoot enough gun. - Kurt17

1 Like

Yeah , complain when I have a real gripe. Pays to follow the line, managers of store then up the ladder. As far as weapons go I have what i need ( not all that I want lol ) & don’t want anyone to touch my horn much less toot it

2 Likes

Oh I understand food for diabetics, father & all his folks has this issue. Problems from the get go.

1 Like

Are you referring to all .380s or just the Walther and CZ?

Maybe I’m a nostalgia-driven crackpot, but my philosophy has always been “shoot enough gun” - the Walther PP and the CZ-83 were all-steel pistols that came with 100mm/3.9" barrels that gave you a solid feel - what I DIDN’T like were the heavy DA and SA trigger pulls - the PP was 14#+ and 10#+, respectively - you had to make a fist to shoot it in either mode. I’m just trying to get these companies to re-introduce them in slimmed-down, improved versions to give us some choices. The last time I ammo-shopped, I came up with 15 different brands/designs in just .380 self-defense loads - clearly, the .380 is here to stay. FYI - Kurt17

1 Like

I found this on YT, we do miss Col. Cooper. :us:

“Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947. I was told I ought not use my pistol in their training program because it was unfair. Maybe the first thing one should ask of his sidearm is that it be unfair.”
-Col. Jeff Cooper, about the 1911 pistol.

1 Like

Anecdotes like these remind me of the LA bank shootout - too bad it took this to jolt police departments to finally seek parity with the thugs they have to face. Kurt17

2 Likes