Winter - It's Here

https://www.ksl.com/article/50258369/snow-advisory-in-effect-for-portions-of-utah

It’s been a really good hot summer here in the mountain west and now it’s time for winter. I. for one, enjoy winter time Cold, Snow, Wind, Grey Skyies, What’s not to love? :cold_face: :ski: :ice_hockey:

3 Likes

Too early imo. Southern new england here, I love cc skiing, but it will be awhile before that. Heading south this coming week in the RV for awhile, poke around West Virginia, possibly our next home state, then I think hit the outer banks in NC. We didn’t have much of a summer here, I think it rained 29 days in August, and I want a last blast of my favorite season before hitting the wood pile and the trails. Wood pile a definite, not sure what type of winter is in store. Some years we got 3 feet of snow for Thanksgiving, other years I was on my motorcycle cruising around during Christmas vacation.

3 Likes

I am sooo happy that we’re in the low 60’s now, can’t wait for snow, hopefully.

2 Likes

After attending the USCCA Expo in Ft. Worth, I headed south to spend a little time on the US-Mexico border where it was 101°. It’s a bit of a jolt returning to Santa Fe at 7200’ and a forecast of 28° nights next week as the first winter storm arrives. But, ah, the promise of snowboarding soon beckons.

6 Likes

Hey, did you meet Kamala at the border? Nah, didn’t think so. :laughing:

8 Likes

Nah, she was in New Jersey playing with the kiddies. You know, important stuff. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Hahaha… no wait…
HaHaaHahaha… nope…
HAHAHAHAHA… sorry, I just can’t do the sociopathic laugh thing.

5 Likes

Opening morning of deer season I have awakened on the ground under 6" of snow, and I have hunted in tank top and shorts. Different years. :laughing: Just never can tell what October will bring.

We finished this rain year at about 60% of normal — and the wet months were dry, while the dry months were wet. Only for a few weeks were there significant fires within a few miles, but very few smoke-free days this summer.

I don’t want to spend all winter plowing snow, but I sure hope we do better than last year. :snowflake:

3 Likes

Forecast calls for snow showers this week but I’ll be working down in the desert with temps in the mid 70s. So much nicer then the mid 110s!

I like variety so looking forward to a snowy winter. We need the moisture any way we can get it!

4 Likes

Back when I canoed , we called snow our whitewater bank account.

4 Likes

Mattm- same here in Colorado. Like you, I am more than happy to wave goodbye to a long, hot, dry summer. Winter is my favorite season and never gets here quickly enough for me :wink:

2 Likes

Winter was my favorite paddling season. No idiots on the rivers or creeks. Beautiful too.

2 Likes

Low 50s to mid 70s in Nor-Cal, it’s autumn and I love it!

I can now conceal better with a vest or layered clothing without looking out of place.

Someday, hunting. Bucket list.

1 Like

BOOOO!!! LOL. Used to love the snow and winter growing up in west Michigan. Don’t care for it as much these days, especially being out on the road trucking. Though we do see some down here in south east Kansas, it doesn’t always stick around long. But it’s fun to get out with the grandkids and play around.:+1:

1 Like

I grew up in Canada so I’ve had enough of the snow for one lifetime.
Not much snow in the desert, where I now live.
I do miss playing outdoor hockey.

1 Like

The salmon have already ran up the rivers and deer season has opened up. Duck season starts in 5 days and ol’ Hallows eve is coming its way. Leaves are changing colors and the actual smell of autumn is in the air. What is not to like about all of this?

2 Likes

I’ve moved out of Colorado after 40 years of college and IT working years and moved back to Ohio, my home borne state! Like the moisture here rather than the dryness of Colorado! I had enuf of some great times there in Colorado. Now it is getting way too crowded and despised the Dems there! Now I am back to Ohio and bought house to be built!

2 Likes

Understandable. My wife and I moved to Colorado 24+ years ago from Ohio, and I know what you mean about the “blue movement” going on here in Colorado. It’s not the same state I moved to, but luckily for us we moved to a conservative county ;-). Go Buckeyes!

1 Like

My wife got the plates for the front of her car “Ohio State Buckeyes”! We are just glad to be back to Ohio! Our house is being built and we’ll be moving in November 22 and outta of my sister’s home in Columbus to the north eastern corner of Ohio! Take care!

1 Like