Will California ever do away with approved handgun roster?

I would like to know what it is going to take to get California to give us the same choices in handguns as the rest of the country? It seems like my votes are just thrown in the trash heap.

@tinknocker The amicus brief was filed in February of this year with the Supreme Court.

The 9th circus ruled it didn’t violate the 2nd amendment.

Here’s a brief note from the FPC.

WASHINGTON, D.C. (February 4, 2019) – Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) and Firearms Policy Foundation (FPF) announced today the filing of an amicus, or “friend of the court,” brief in support of a petition for certiorari at the U.S. Supreme Court in Peña v. Horan, a federal Second Amendment lawsuit challenging the State of California’s Unsafe Handgun Act and “Roster” requirements. The brief can be viewed or downloaded at www.firearmspolicy.org/legal.

1 Like

The states the states that already have the strict gun laws that clearly violate the 2nd Amendment are more than likely going to do the opposite in the next few years as their current laws fail to do what the politicians promised. They’ll crack down even more. I honestly see at some point California going beyond this “approved list” to a DC style ban of all firearms.

I’d love to see California do a test like marketing companies do - split the state in two and see which has less gun violence, those who can have any gun they want or those who cannot…

2 Likes

They’re only interested in control. Non of this has to do with safety. Not ONE single law these gun grabbing states have passed make a single citizen safer. All it does is make normal people felons then once you’re a felon you can’t vote or own a gun. It’s ridiculous to think how many felonies I would have if I lived if California, BTW nothing I own is illegal or even close to it and nothing requires a “stamp”.

I truly wish it wasn’t like that and if I could help California I would. But I’ll live in a box before I cross that state line. Some of the taxes they are trying to pass are just as ridiculous as their gun laws.

2 Likes

Cal1
This is what happens when you have Anti-gun idiots running the state and local governments. They think that they know what is best for you. When in reality they don’t and they just want the power to tell you what to do or what you cannot do. what you can have or not have. And the Democrats seem to think that they what is best for everyone. And the refuse to see that they don’t and that their failed policies is what keeps causing them to loose some elections. Because the America people are starting to see how bad their polices are and that they don’t do what they promised.

That’s a neat idea but I doubt they would accept the outcome. They would spin and twist the results to fit their agenda. We all know that the limitations of our gun choices have no impact on safety. It’s just backdoor banning.

Yeah, it’s a shame. I love the climate where I live and I earn a good living. All the people that I deal with around me are like minded. It amazes me that the political climate is the way it is. I’m considering relocating when I retire. Never thought I would say that.

1 Like

I sure hope not! There are a lot of people in California that are not leftists. We just can’t seem to dominate the ballot box.

2 Likes

Don’t even cut in it half. Just separate the coastal mega cities like LA San Francisco and San Diego from the central valley area and you’d see which areas have less gun violence.

1 Like

@tinknocker we had to do that (relocate). Missouri isn’t full yet. Just sayin’

2 Likes

Lean on your legislators. Tell them to annex the Southern Part of Illinois into Missouri :grin:. We’re a fun loving, patriotic bunch that are getting the shaft from Chicago.

2 Likes

@45IPAC Dude, I’m on it! You’d be a welcome addition to our city/country political divide.

2 Likes

Good question, as it is the roster is dwindling and many gun companies are not submitting their guns to be put on the roster. The roster is a backdoor gun ban

1 Like

Barring a massive natural disaster or civil war CA isn’t likely to be changing in our lifetimes and probably well beyond.

1 Like

Not with that attitude it won’t! :smile:

IMO, it’s time for the pendulum to swing back toward center and individual rights across all of the different topics.

1 Like

It’s long past time and we’ve been winning the individual battles across many states now for about thirty years or more. As lawful carry has expanded so too has the restoration of our other rights.

Some states however seem simply too far gone to ever recover barring a huge disaster that wipes out the populations of their major cities.

CA, WA, and OR are all good examples.

Overlay these two maps in your mind.

Now compare them with population density.

See any correlation?

2 Likes