Why "shooting them in the leg" is a HORRIBLE IDEA

Wow that was very carefully said. Do you that people stupid enough to think it’s a good idea will understand what you didn’t say?

2 Likes

That sucks

2 Likes

Your femoral
artery is located in your leg, and if you hit it, they will bleed out in minutes. Even if your intention is to hit a noncritical area, they can move an instant before you can fire and you accidentally hit that artery, he could die in minutes if you don’t put a tourniquet on it immediately. Biden is NOT an expert, and I would NOT take any instructions OR suggestions from him.

4 Likes

Such as Hunter, PizzaGate pedos!

3 Likes

I think you meant Femoral Artery. The Carotid Arteries are in your neck.

8 Likes

Consider the source, enough said.

2 Likes

If they can breathe they can sue. If you’re willing to pull the trigger at all, it has to be for the whole ball of wax otherwise no point in owning a firearm. This decision should be made when the weapon is purchased, not at 3 in the a.m. some morning when the chips are down and the bad guy is in your living room.

4 Likes

Not to mention that if you miss the leg, where does the projectile go? Does it bounce off the sidewalk and kill a kid across the street? This is absolutely a horrible idea!

6 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and you are in the right place at the right time.

3 Likes

Shooting the bad guy in the weapon and watching it spin down to the ground is way more cool that a run of the mill leg injury.

4 Likes

If I ever have to pull the trigger I am going to aim for the largest target. Then call 911.

2 Likes

My Dad once shot a burglar in the foot as he was trying to climb through a window. When the Sheriff arrived they followed the blood trail out to a barbed wire fence that bordered the property. There they found an overcoat, more blood, flesh and hair. Pop laughed about this story till his dying day.

5 Likes

This was taught by “Sleepy Joe”. Knee cap um when they don’t pay off to Hunter.

5 Likes

I teach a lot of brand new shooters who don’t want to shoot anyone (they’re always kind of surprised that we all feel that way too) and they really want to be told that it’s ok to shoot someone in the leg.

It’s a hard concept to face for some as we’re trying to defend life but our actions might take the life of an attacker.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard newbie!

3 Likes

I hope I am not around when you decide to do that… I don’t want any rounds coming my way… :sunglasses:

I have read that even police do that. When facing a threat and there’s a firearm involved, you tend to concentrate on the source of the threat, and that becomes your point of aim. That may be why Rittenhouse shot the rioter with the firearm in the arm, or it could be just coincidence.

3 Likes

This is very true and can be applied to many things. I long ago learned when mountain biking; do not focus on the large rock in the trail. If you do, you Will hit it.

5 Likes

Same with motor racing, look where you want to go, not the object you are concerned with.

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I thought this way shoot them in the leg , I never thought of the moment ,I understand now . Thank you USCCA for your knowledge in a situation like this. Much Love to my Fellow Patriots.

3 Likes