Why "shooting them in the leg" is a HORRIBLE IDEA

Ron Johnson, senator from Wisconsin is a critical thinker, and a good one.

6 Likes

Sarcasm is good sometimes :joy:

5 Likes

Thanks for the insite, it just changed my thinking

5 Likes

@Vincent24.
Welcome to the community.
COBRA01
Train Hard and Stay Safe

3 Likes

Welcome!
Vincent–this post has a lot of sarcasm scattered throughout. Shooting ‘in the leg’ is not a feasible situation in the real world. Considering that’s where I try to spend a lot time, I’m aiming center mass. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and you are in the right place at the right time.

3 Likes

Sarcasm is good ALWAYS​:grin::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Thank you all and yes leg shot is not an option!!!

3 Likes

Have to remember to use that one!!

3 Likes

Alex22-just my humble two cents-most decent JHPs from Hornady (such as Critical Duty) or Federal (Such as the HST) are considered “barrier blind” and can be used in the event that you need to shoot through the windshield. They will maintain their mass and shape until penetrating and expanding in a fluid-like medium such as human tissue.

3 Likes

@Alex22 Welcome aboard! Here is alternative:

Especially for pedos and rapists.

11 Likes

I have read all the above, there is one way to prevent person behind to get hurt from a bullet going through is to get down on one knee and shoot through the first person in an angle but understanding is what if there’s a deflection of a bullet hitting a rib or something in a body still can kill some behind a crook?! This case is tricky and we only will have to find an angle to prevent someone else from getting hurt! Your only way is run from a crook like hell away! But many alternatives are what if a crook pulled his gun to aim you in the back when you are running from em? Just pray and hope that there’s nobody behind a crook!

3 Likes

The most stable shooting platform is prone. If you are ever faced with an armed assailant, the last thing you want to do is provide it with a “stable” shooting platform.
Rules for fire arms

1. Treat ALL firearms as if they are loaded
  2. Never muzzle ANYTHING that you don’t intend to destroy
  3. Make sure of you target. Make sure of what is, or could possibly be, in front of your target. Since a copper jacketed bullet doesn’t stop in the body. make sure of what is behind your target.
  4. If you have to shoot, get GOOD hits and finish the fight.
3 Likes

I agree with your statement

2 Likes

The point of carrying a firearm is to save innocent lives. Whats the point of using it if you aren’t worried that a bullet will go through your intended target and hit an innocent bystander. There are plenty of instances of it happening. To say that over penetration is impossible is irresponsible. Bottom line, you are 100% responsible for every bullet you fire, that is why one of the basic firearm safety rules is know your target and whats beyond.

5 Likes

I have seen a couple of people mention this now, I will have to do some research to see if my HP ammo is “barrier blind”, but I appreciate the info!!

2 Likes

And I don’t think the intention was to chide, but to educate.

3 Likes

What Mr. Biden is proposing might work in a small percentage of cases (i.e., a Health Care Worker could “talk down” or calm down someone upset), but it certainly
would not work in other cases, as, I suspect, with a shooter who has already shot:

e.g., Las Vegas, 2017, 58 killed:  the shooter was standing on a balcony and firing down onto a crowd:  in ten minutes he fired more than one thousand rounds;
 e.g., Parkland, Florida, 2018, 17 killed:  after ten minutes on three floors of a school, the shooter blended in with students who were fleeing;
 e.g., Killeen, Texas, 1991, 23 killed:  the police cornered the shooter in a restaurant and repeatedly told him to surrender, but he refused and stated that he was 
         going to kill more people;
 e.g., University of Texas Tower, 1966, about 15 killed:  after ninety-six minutes of firing, a shooter who was vicious and apparently determined to keep firing - no matter how
         much opposition he faced - finally faced police who stopped him by force; and,
 e.g., Aurora, Colorado, 2012, 12 killed:  the shooter was arrested in his car outside the cinema.  (reference, Wikipedia, "Mass Shootings in the United States")

In other words, in many cases a shooter or suspect cannot be confronted in time. But, even if he can, he may be so resistant or vicious that no gentle, soothing “counseling”
will matter in the least. Some people understand only being stopped by force:

• A news service - one of many that are consistently irresponsible - has characterized some persons as "innocent Black men":

• Mr. Ramos, Austin, 2020 - reported using drugs and having a gun, and defiantly resisted arrest;
      • Mr. Pellerin, Lafayette, 2020 - carrying or displaying a knife at a convenience store, tased, and defiantly resisted arrest; 
      • Mr. Blake, Kenosha, 2020 - had a warrant for his arrest, said that he had a knife, tased, and defiantly resisted arrest; 
      • Mr. Kizzee, Westmont, 2020 - was violating a law, struck an officer, and had a handgun; and,
      • Mr. Kay, Washington, D.C., 2020 - had a handgun in his hand, was running from an officer who at least twice tells him, "Don't Move," then turns to face the officer 
        while still having the gun in his hand.     

• The behavior of these men, if I may say, needed guidance with respect to alcohol and/or drug use; law abidance, including respect for the authority of
         police officers; and, etiquette.  And, as a Christian I must say that they all needed to repent and turn to Christ.

The Gospel of John, chapter eight, verse twelve: “I am the Light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in…darkness…”

3 Likes

No problem Alex22! Take care and stay safe!

2 Likes

Of course I’m worried about what’s on the other side of my target if I don’t know for sure. And of course I wouldn’t take such a shot if not a life and death situation.
If it is life and death, though, it comes down to risk/reward. Aim low? Only if that’s where my target is. My life or death target is going to be whatever’s least difficult to hit and likely to end the threat.

3 Likes