Why I decided to begin carrying again after 18 years of not being involved or owning a gun

Sadly true.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

Thanks for your Service!
I know EXACTLY what you mean about NOT even wanting a gun around.
After my tour in Vietnam with the Marine Corps, I didn’t own a gun for right around the 15 year mark you discussed.
But, the World around us make it a necessity. So, I too, became a gun owner again. I purchased a SA 1911 and a Mossberg 500A. Then, I picked up a Mossberg 930, semi-auto 12-gauge. Then, got my CCW and found a Kimber CDP ll and a Bersa FireStorm.
THEN
 Years later I got my FFL03 Curio & Relic License, and today I won’t even tell you what I own. I shoot competitively, and at 69 can hold my own against the 20-30 year old shooters at my Gun CLub. Just came in 4th out of 44 shooters in a local competition!!!
Bottom line is, that Society and the World around us dictates that we NEED to be armed.
Good Luck. Richard.

3 Likes

I’d like to know what good inching forward does. I see idiots do that all the time at stop lights. I like to stay a bit back from the car in front of me. then I can start out at the same time the person in front of me does instead of waiting a few moments. wtf. I guess they’re in a hurry to get nowhere.

2 Likes

What possesses a random person to be such an @$$hole to another random person in traffic? It’s regrettable you had to experience that sir.

What happened to common decency & respect?

:v:t5:

1 Like

Goes without saying, glad no one got hurt. Major hats-off to that LEO who might have been off duty, who went above and beyond, taking risks himself. I’ve been mugged before; On two of the occasions, when I pulled my knife out, and shared practiced words toward my “two” attackers (larger than I), they backed off to my surprise. Guess they might not have been carrying “heavy”. I was lucky. I waited six years before I finally CCL’d. Wish I’d done it sooner. Keep it legal.

2 Likes

This is the “why” we carry a concealed firearm. Remember this scenario or anything along the line of, “a big giant strong bad guy, robbing you, wanting to assault you, your wife, grandma, grandpa, your daughter,etc
” the term to use is Disparity of Force.

Disparity of Force is the equalizer. The theory of Disparity of Force is hard to argue against. So if you get into a conversation with an anti gunner, use “Disparity of Force”.

Yes, I said Disparity of Force, now 5 times because you have to remember the term. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Also a proud “herd” member. 69-70. Welcome home. Stay safe!

2 Likes