Why I decided to begin carrying again after 18 years of not being involved or owning a gun

If the software would have allowed me to thumb that statement of yours more than one time, I would have used up the maximum limit were there any.

3 Likes

Hear, Here. Or, Here, Here. Whichever one is correct. Google says itā€™s hear, although had I my way it would be here. LOL I applaud the statement that if the state insists on the insurance of drunk drivers, the concealed carry have those same rights, even though they are not really rights for the drunk driver, but state law mandates to protect those injured from drunk drivers.

And also, I donā€™t believe that any state entity has the moral to grant ANYONE rights. Period. But that is another topic for some other time possibly. lol

3 Likes

@Thomas40. welcome to the community, train hard and stay safe. :smiley:

3 Likes

First of all thank you for your service. Iā€™m glad you decided to apply for your LTCH and would encourage you to train as much as you are able and carry as much as you are able. Iā€™m sure you are well versed and will have no issues re acclimating. Be safe.

5 Likes

Thank you for your service, and thank God that cop was there.

For many years I would not own anything you couldnā€™t hunt with, so my self defense gun was a 6" single action .357, and I never even considered carrying. But after a number of years of being involved in emergency services my primary hand gun had become a .45 ACP. And then came the day I realized it did me no good to have it locked up somewhere, even if it was close by.

I was walking from a small town motel room up to the front office when a young, fit, stocky male rounded the corner in front of me, twirling a Glock pistol on his finger. It was about noon. - Nothing happened, we passed each other and I walked on, but with my blood running cold, and as if to drive the point home in case I had missed it, he was arrested shortly after that for threatening his girlfriend and her little daughter with that same gun.

In that moment I was caught cold, with nowhere to go, no cover ( not even a car), and a strong, armed person approaching me who was clearly not acting normally, and there had been absolutely nothing to warn me or put me on alert. I also realized that even though I was now warned, I still could not have done anything about it unless I was willing to take the extraordinary step of employing open carry, which would only have resulted in my being considered suspect too. I resolved that day to get my CCWP , before I had even completed my walk to the office.

The situation reinforced what I was taught about CCW, that It should be like your wallet and your pocket knife, where it is rare, if ever, that you are without it.

7 Likes

Thank you for your service. Thank you to the officer who came to your aid. It is sad but Police officers have to weigh in on protecting themselves and others. Soros funded prosecutors are vilifying the police and asking for them to be defunded. These same prosecutors are demanding criminals are released without posting bond. These criminals often are released to kill their victims. Go to this website and see a list under their endorsements tab of the most recent list of BLM and ANTIFA backed prosecutors. The link is : realjusticepac.org
Many of these prosecutors named are undermining your rights to self-defense and are seeking your prosecution if you defend your self. They include the infamous Seattle prosecutor, the St. Louis prosecutor who is going after the couple protecting themselves and their property, and (recently removed) the New York Attorney General who is trying to destroy the NRA was on their site of endorsements.
I know many good people and police officers because our country is full of many good people, the police and the people of this country are good. Many of the folks who tell you otherwise are on the website named. They want you and police to be prosecuted. A member of the board is BLM leader Shaun King. These are the people who make me thankful for my membership in USCCA.

9 Likes

So glad you and your family are ok. The world is getting stupid out there and being prepared is so crucial.

7 Likes

I am glad that you are OK. Thank you for your service. I was a medic with the 173Rd ABN Bde in Vietnam. Now, at age 78, I donā€™t go anywhere without my snub nose 38Sp. Had a similar encounter to yours last year. I saw a clear spot and accelerated out doing an 11 sec. quarter mile. That attracted an LEO who turned out to be a great help. I am a firm believer in well serviced guns and fast cars.

8 Likes

I sense we have similar sentiments regarding our fellow human beings. Iā€™ve always felt capable of avoiding confrontation and reluctantly carry ā€œsituationallyā€, but your experience snaps me back to reality. Stay safe brother.

5 Likes

I didnā€™t have the trouble you had but I decided to carry five years ago. They was attacking older people because they thought they was easy targets so my wife and I got conceal and carry.

7 Likes

So true! If evil is capable of finding its way into a tiny Christian church in a small south Texas town, itā€™s capable of showing up anywhere

6 Likes

I remind friends all the time a gun in the glove box or in the center console will be a little used to you when a situation springs up suddenly. On body carry is the best way. Get training, then practice what you been taught until your able to operate the weapon at a subconscious level. Using proper form and technique to develop correct and efficient muscle memory.

5 Likes

Sadly, the lock down has caused otherwise reasonable people to become short tempered. It now a daily occurrence. Having LE there helped avert a bad situation, but they wonā€™t be around when we need them.

5 Likes

To quote John Correia " Help is minutes away, when seconds count"

5 Likes

This just happen to a friend of mine three days ago, he is not a CCW person,
I have suggested my he should consider getting his CCW license and purchase
A handgun.

6 Likes

Close shave! Glad you decided to buckle up with arms! You are just lucky that that law enforcement came around and what would you think if no law enforcement came around, would you be alive! Man! Glad you still exist and we all have extra defenders with guns around! God saves you!

6 Likes

Yes he saved me by making sure there was a LEO There but I learned from my mistake. NEVER AGAIN

6 Likes

No worries, you have life now! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You and I are in the same boat, in the same state. Make sure you vote, preferably in person, and think hard about whom you are voting for state insurance commissioner!

5 Likes

And everyone else on that ballot, in particular the State Attorney General. But sadly having lived in WA most of my life, Iā€™m not expecting voters to be any different. For some reason most voters donā€™t make the connection between who they vote for and crappy government. Look at Seattle, they whine and cry about whatā€™s going on but they reelect the same morons or on rare occasion a new moron.

6 Likes