Why are manufacturers so strange?

Recruiter set me up with Colt for a QA job 6 years back iirc. I call, no one picked up the phone. They call, guy gets interrupted and “has to go”. We get back on the phone for a pre-interview, guy starts yelling at someone on his end, I decide to stick to aerospace.
Interview at Winchester decades back, programming a machine, 2 month assignment :roll_eyes:. I ask, what do you want for programs on their MANUAL coordinate measuring machine…guy wants a program that will measure concentricity between a barrel bore and o.d… I tell him to use calibers, a wall mic, or ultrasonic, as it will be more accurate and in the case of ultrasonic, give results down the entire length of the barrel…“but we want a program.” I made one in 2 minutes, and…decided to stick to aerospace. Got to admit to having several “mind blown” incidents in the aerospace field as well, but learned to seek off shift positions, away from the short-bus commuters.

2 Likes

My mini 14 went in for service after 3k rounds, and they sent me a new one, extra mags and scope mount included. Exemplary.
Mossberg fixed my mvp quickly the first time, changed the issue the second time, and disputed my complaint, though my solution solved the problem. meh…
My Frontier Armory AR failed a few mags in. Dealer fixed it, took 6 weeks, failed 12 rounds later, went silent. Armorer at Frontier claimed issue was “those weak springs on those 10 round CT magazines, so send in a mag with the gun”. I thought about this, and my other 179 “weak springed 10 round CT mags”…and fixed the gun myself. Hammer spring was the issue, obvious visual.

2 Likes

Try tauras hanguns website. Their dimensional data is right there.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @P_Max

1 Like

Glad I found this site. I’m gonna like these discussions…

6 Likes

Welcome, @P_Max ! Lots of good folks here, and lots of great info.

3 Likes

Better still, you should join USCCA!
(@dawn, dibs on the referral! :laughing:)

3 Likes

Had a friend at a gun shop call in as a customer as he was wanting to order a specific firearm, they didn’t tell him anything about it…

He called them back, used the dealer line, only then did they tell him it was out of production.

I’ve made similar calls for updates, only way I get any info is if I say I’m a manager at my preferred gun store (not a lie, I am technically employed there, I just work a day every other month or 2 and I have been given permission to do so by the owner)…

It’s not that hard to provide even basic information to just a customer calling in…

2 Likes

Welcome to the family @P_Max and you are in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

Welcome P_Max. Good forums, plenty of helpful comments.

2 Likes