WHSDF Curriculum question

Is there a curriculum for instructors wanting to teach WHSDF besides the textbook? I’ve completed the online training and already have the intructor toolkit, but have no other resources for teaching it. Can anyone advise? TIA!!

3 Likes

No good ideas but good luck. I admire the attempt.
The only thing I can think of is YWCA or a local college. Maybe make a video and post it online.

If I understand your question, I have taken courses at Hotels with large meeting rooms and at gun clubs with a meeting room. I assume your lecture or presentation is on a computer. You will need to rent or get a projector that connects to your computer and a screen. Often the facilities I mentioned may have these as well.

Maybe I should’ve phrased it differently. When I took my CCHDF Instructor cert, my training counselor mentioned that certain curriculums (e.g. WHSDF or the Children’s Firearm’s curriculum) were able to be offered by the instructor once as they ordered the specific tool kit and completed the online curriculum. I received my toolkit and completed everything, but there is nothing in my instructor dashboard to be able to use to actually teach the class. I have 10 textbooks and no provided curriculum to teach from other than that text. Is there not an instructor curriculum to teach from that goes with that course?

2 Likes

Hi Stacy, I’m also an instructor. Do you see the content from the course under Resources on your instructor portal? That’s where you could use slides from the course. If you don’t see it, call customer service. I think the end-user course booklet, power point slides and info in the books is all you need. Also, you can always choose to teach a class only for women and design it how you think is best. We can use USCCA material, but if we add our own slides and content, we just have to be careful that we don’t advertise it as a USCCA course.

3 Likes

Hi Stacy, Can you call the USCCA Instructor line? They are excellent at helping. My husband and I are also instructors and not great with computers. Their help has been invaluable. They are always friendly and more than happy to help us.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response, Kim! For some reason I don’t have any of the content in my Instructor Dash, but now that I know there is supposed to be content for the WHSDF curriculum, I will contact them. Appreciate it. :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you for the reminder, Cande. I think this might be an easy enough fix to send an email but if I don’t make any headway, I’ll plan to call. I’m not a fan of sitting on the phone these days, especially if I don’t have to. lol :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Let me know what happens-I have not purchased the WHSDF. But I am sure it should be available for you to use the way our CCHDF material is! Nice to see a woman on the community chat!

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Kim36

1 Like

@Kim36 Welcome to the community!

1 Like