Who CCW/EDC a 1911?

You make me curious enough about the height difference I gave Springfield a call. They said the Ronin is the same frame and magazine as the older EMP4 like mine. The height spec difference comes from some of their people measure straight up and down and others measure the diagonal.

When I registered mine they gave me a 1 use discount on your whole purchase on accessories. I can tell you the flat bottom 9 round magazine fits and works, but more importantly conceals easier, so I recommend making one of those part of using the discount. The 9 round with the bump pad doesn’t work with the EMP4.

Edit: it will fit any 4" or 4.25" 1911 holster, even moulded kydex.

3 Likes

That is great info!!

1 Like

I will post my firearms measurement tomorrow

1 Like

My primary EDC has been a 1911 for almost 40 years. Currently carry in .45ACP and a double stack 9mm. I preference is Allegiance Ammo’s Power Strike or One Strike and Liberty’s Civil Defense. Don’t laugh about the 1911 in 9mm, it holds 17+1 and has very little recoil or kick.

3 Likes

My preferred EDC is a stainless Kimber ProCarry in 9mm.

3 Likes

I do! Wilson compact lightweight .45acp. Wilson 160 gr. ammo.

5 Likes

:clap:
I was wondering if there was any Wilson Combat carrier at the Community !

1 Like

I’d gladly carry a Wilson Combat, pretty much any of them. As soon as I receive it I will thank whoever sends it.:joy::joy:

6 Likes

Sorry, I’m a little late to these USCCA forums and just now getting caught up. You’re not alone! My carry 1911 is the SA Range Officer Champ in .45ACP.

5 Likes

I also carry 1911 as well as others. I am also comfortable with it. :us:

6 Likes

Have 1911 will travel. Kimber Ultra Raptor II in .45.

7 Likes

just pick up a Colt Special Custom Commander with rail–EDC

12 Likes

@Buddha-In-The-Sun Nice Colt! But, does the rail make it an assault pistol? :laughing:

3 Likes

Yes sir!!!

2 Likes

might be a different subject but cause everyone here carries 1911’s…

opinions on a 1911 EDC holsters would be good!

the weight of a good 1911 can be an issue for some due to body shape…

and then there is full size vs commander vs officer types…

3 Likes

For OWB, Galco Concealable:
https://www.galcogunleather.com/concealable-belt-holster_8_1_1064.html

For IWB, Galco V-Hawk:
https://www.galcogunleather.com/v-hawk-iwb-holster_8_1_1330.html

1 Like

thanks will look into them…

1 Like

Use Code “USA20” for 20% off right now, or if you are a USCCA member, then Galco usually has a discount available.

3 Likes

The one I have. I don’t care for the stock belt clip on this model, so replaced with soft loops.

Turns out I don’t care for the soft loops that much, either. But the holster is swell — simple, economical, secure, comfortable. I found a different model worked better for me:
https://www.roundedgear.com/collections/1911-35-officer-kydex-holsters/products/1911-3-5-officer-model-non-rail-tuckable-iwb-kydex-holster
The Tuckable is my EDC for 9mm M&P — better clip and I can pull the grip in better. I didn’t get one for the .45, but don’t see why it would not be just as satisfactory. The steel gun carries very nicely, but it’s a full pound more for a couple rounds less than the 9mm — no longer my main gun.

Concealment Express/Rounded has several other styles for M1911, for the larger 1911s, and for a lot of other pistols. I haven’t found a reason to spend more. (should be at least a 10% code for 1st purchase)

2 Likes

I like a single Clip but David can do double clip

2 Likes