Who CCW/EDC a 1911?

Not dinozaur, but still healthy man!
I carry 9mm, because cannot handle 45ACP. :unamused: I need my hands and joints in great shape to make money :wink:

4 Likes

Sometimes. I carry 9mm, 38 Superb, and the Prophetā€™s caliber. My 9mm is just stupid accurate, so it goes the most.

2 Likes

I love my Range Officer in .45 but the 5" is a bit large for me for my CCW. I also carry the EMP4 and love the low recoil of the 9mm. I always bring my RO when I go shoot, just not as comfortable for EDC.

5 Likes

@Todd30 Is it REALLY a 1911 if itā€™s not in .45??? I say NO!!!

8 Likes

:rofl: :joy: lol

2 Likes

.45 Gods caliber

Genesis 18:28
What if the number of the righteous is five less than fifty? Will you destroy the whole city for lack of five people?ā€™ ā€˜If I find forty-five there,ā€™ he said, ā€˜I will not destroy it.ā€™"

3 Likes

What about 9MM? :wink:

9 is everywhere:

9 is the last number in a base 10 system. Which is the last and limit of ALL that is material.
9 holds a code that affects every person on earth.
9 is a symbol of offering sympathy and compassion,
9 symbolizes divine completeness or conveys the meaning of finality
Christ died in the 9th hour.
9 represents the fruits of Godā€™s Holy Spirit, which are: Faithfulness, Gentleness, Goodness, Joy, Kindness, Long suffering, Love, Peace and Self-control (Galatians 5:22 ā€“ 23).
9 is strongly associated with the Chinese dragon, a symbol of magic and power.

:wink:

6 Likes

Poo Poo. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Ah yes, the 45, when a 9mm isnā€™t quite enough, and a 10mm is just too much :rofl:

I was hell bent on buying a 1911 chambered in 45 caliber when an RO recommended I consider the price of ammo and how much ammo he saw me going through. He said compare 9mm at 15 cents per round vs. .45 at 30 cents plus per round on an annual basis and 9mm makes a lot more sense for you. I agreed but I am sweating running out of 15 cent 9mm before prices drop again :rofl:

I have now concluded I can dry fire a 45 for the same price as a 9mm :+1: so maybe there is a 45 in my future

7 Likes

lolā€¦ Pull the tigger .45!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Heck yeah, whenever my wardrobe allows for concealment(OWB)
and itā€™s a full size Colt, too. :+1:

5 Likes

Hmm, there is not a 4 or a 5 in 1911ā€¦

3 Likes

I frequently carry a full-sized 1911 in a shoulder holster mainly, especially in cooler weather. In warm weather, a soft IWB holster or a plain belt holster under a Hawaiian shirt. Very comfortable. Alternatively, and in the same holsters, I carry a Para Ordnance Light Double-Action .45 which is the same length as the Colt Commanderā€¦sadly, I sold mine when an Army friend called it a ā€œPimp Gunā€ - it was a beautiful dull silver color with blond gripsā€¦brand new from the Fort Ord Rod & Gun Club - 1975!

3 Likes

9X5 = 45 so, 45 is 5 times better than 9! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

12 Likes

Nice outfit. Like that! :us:

2 Likes

@Todd30 ā€¦ that is greatā€¦
Iā€™m depressedā€¦have to take a shot of tequila and think about itā€¦ :lying_face:
Stay tuned :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Donā€™t understand the height difference between the 2 models. They both use 10 round magazines, so either the stackup in the magazines is different, or the height spec is a typo. Either way I would not say mine is the ā€œnicerā€ version, just a ā€œdifferentā€ version. I am sure they shoot identical. :+1:

1 Like

I give upā€¦ :joy: That was a devastating argument. :v:
But despite this, Iā€™m still gonna use 9mm - it just creates nicer holes and makes my wallet happy :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

The Ronin is designed explicitly around 9mm using the 1911 platform. Compared to modifying 1911 .45 to shoot 9mm. That is why the height is different, and it is a little lighter than the original EMP. I could not find your model- I was looking for a while. I had the opportunity to buy the Ronin. I jumped on itā€¦

1 Like

SOLD, point of all points made right there! Affordability!

5 Likes