Where’s the safest place to live?

If the opposition wins the election, where in the United States would it be safe to live? Especially if your over 70? With the means to drop everything and go! Provided there still is a United States!

7 Likes

middle of nowhere Alaska.

7 Likes

Thank you, that will take some getting used to considering I’ll be coming from a subtropical location.

4 Likes

Rural central US away from big city and a Democrat’s run of the state and cities. Maybe KS/OK/TX.

9 Likes

Arizona is still pretty good - and warm. :slight_smile:

Just avoid the cities of Phoenix and Tucson and their Marxist mayors - everywhere else is overwhelmingly pro-2nd Amendment. From what I have seen lately, I think the citizens of Scottsdale own more ammunition than the US Army.

9 Likes

They used to say that you wanted to move to where the food is grown, be that plant or animal. A friend of mine moved me to a small farming town for a failed business venture, but I have sure been glad to be here. It’s still hard though, to see what is happening to our country, and what has already happened to our freedoms. The destruction so far has been kind of quiet, ( other than the rioters ), but it’s been profound.

6 Likes

Funny you mention that in 2009 we scouted out Phoenix and Sedona as retirement options. We gave Sedona deep thought, downside was the deep pockets required. A home my size went for $6,000,000, realtor assured us that price was negotiable!:face_with_monocle: I’m still negotiating that with my wife! Want to keep wife!
If Biden wins, seriously considering Rwanda at this point! Oh man I’m beginning to sound like a Hollywood elite!
Thank you!

3 Likes

SD with the current governor seems good to this outsider. She seems to have tried to follow the constitution through the crap.

7 Likes

Indiana. Other then indianapolis, Indiana is a thriving state. Jobs are popping up everywhere. Easy gun laws. Plenty of corn. Deer hunting is plentiful and we have very large militia groups all through Indiana.

6 Likes

Considered Brookings.

1 Like

Sounds pretty safe! Appreciate it.

1 Like

Come to south Missouri. Gun laws are great, no riots, low cost of living,…overall a great place.

7 Likes

It may sound weird… but Illinois is OK for me. If you stay away form Chicago and Cook County - all is good.
Doesn’t matter who eats my taxes… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Florida has been good to us for the past nine years. Plenty of suburban, rural and small town places to live.

5 Likes

I was looking around Blue, Arizona.

2 Likes

Imagine a place where the temperature hardly goes down to the teens. If it snows, it does not snow that much. Summers never get to hot. Very rarely ever get in the 90’s. 35 degrees to 85 degrees average. No tornadoes, no hurricanes, Off grid and 12 miles to the nearest road. 40 miles to the nearest town.

7 Likes

It is still not perfect as New Zealand… :wink:

3 Likes

That is some beautiful country! I like that idea!

2 Likes

Sounds like British-Columbia ? FYI wife likes to be near water. Absolutely no disrespect, please don’t take offense, I just got a picture of Ted Kaczynski’s place! If I was younger off grid sounds awesome. 40 miles to nearest town sounds like hunting country and the closest “Target” is a deer!:deer:
If I knew world would become unhinged I would have been there already. Wife needs to be connected. Sounds peaceful thought. I’ll have to consider that. In your opinion, is it better to have neighbors or no neighbors?

1 Like

Isn’t that where I can own a fully, semi automatic machine gun, like a AR-14?
Beautiful land though, grandson just spent a year there. Returned just as coronavirus hit US.

4 Likes