Where is the spirit of 2020?

Of course the NY Post title is misleading, should be Shoplifter Tries to Murder Officer, Gets Shot Once, Fatally.
But I mean - where are the protesting mobs, why are businesses in Columbus, OH not boarding their windows, why are the liberal city fathers not crawling on their knees before CNN cameras. The conservative NYPost seems to be the only one doing the work of blm.
I make my deplorable conclusions.

4 Likes

Well, the grammar of the title implies that the person the officer shot was a dead pregnant driver. Makes one wonder why he shot a person that was already dead. :sunglasses:

I understand why the officer was in front the vehicle, and it was her driving into him that resulted in him shooting her. Maybe officers on foot should not be in front of vehicles in that sort of situation, due to that putting their lives in danger when some idiot decides not to comply and drive over them, instead.

Ultimately it was her disregard of the officer’s life that end hers. I certainly would not intentionally try to murder anyone by vehicle in that same set of circumstances, most especially a LEO. A total lack of respect for others’ lives. I am not sure where her moral compass was pointing, but clearly not in the right direction.

6 Likes

This one bubbled around Salt Lake City for a few years.

2 Likes

Whatever happened to compliance?? Everyone from this young lady to George Floyd would still be alive today if they had just COMPLIED.

7 Likes

It is impossible to argue with the outcome of the trial, yet I see nothing the cops did wrong.

1 Like

Entitlement did.

6 Likes

Fear of the police?
Fear of the Judicial system?

The innocent are in fear of the authorities.

2 Likes

You made a critical error in your question. You assumed there was any sort of coherence, logic, or consistency to the behavior of the libs.

7 Likes

I am innocent, I do not fear police. My black friends are innocent, firearm owners, they, too, do not fear police. Your implied bigotry is noted.

I totally agree, however, what’s our choice when Beijing Biden unleashes his war dogs on us! 99% have already spoken here, I think they said, and I’m paraphrasing here, I WILL NOT COMPLY!

This whole situation can and will get worse!

4 Likes

The Innocent is Implied Bigotry?
Dave, I think you,re loosing it brother.

1 Like

Are you implying… there is a vaccine against shoplifting? When will that mandate be coming! LOL

3 Likes

Well, the fact that a black woman was killed, and your statement about “innocent” fearing authorities, implied to me the inherent issue we have been slammed over the head with regarding the police discrimination of blacks, which is factually incorrect. I apologize, in that you have not shown that bias before, but that statement, to me, implied that. I did not mean to impugn you in that way.

1 Like

Certainly you noticed that Danielle Willard isn’t Black?

I was referring to the person the thread was started about. I was not aware you were referencing someone else. So in your posted story, who do you believe is the “innocent” party?

he thought she would run him over in her Subaru Forester. The decision led to criminal charges, uncertainty and financial ruin that left his name tarnished and his spirit weakened.

That seems to be the same issues the officer in the OP will be facing. Again, I apologize for my first statement impugning you. I respect you and your opinions. I mistakenly assumed your second post was a continuation of the initial conversation.

3 Likes

Maybe if he complied before he swallowed all the evidence …

6 Likes