Where do you CONSISTENTLY find the best prices (Shipped) for 9mm, decent quality practice ammo?

I’ll echo what Jerzy said.

I avoid all reloads or remanufactured even “Factory” reman…I avoid all Winchester as I have had more failures and QC issues of all kinds with Winchester than all other ammo combined and it’s not even close (and Win completely ignores everything I email to them, even with pics and mic measurements and lot numbers of their faulty ammo, they just do not care)…and I mostly avoid steel case because it’s so dirty and a lot of indoor ranges won’t allow it (outdoor sometimes too for fire risk with bimetal jacket hitting rocks) but when I do buy steel case it’s Barnaul manufacture and not Tula

3 Likes

I’ll say that the reloads from Fenix Ammo (once fired, twice cleaned, pressure tested brass) are very good quality. I have fired 1000 rounds of their 9mm without a failure of any kind. They primarily load for competition shooters and guarantee them to meet the required power factors.

As always, YMMV. Make your best choice.

3 Likes

I’ve got some rifles that have never fired factory ammunition.

But as far as what I avoid is Monarch brand. It is the store brand for Academy sports. Had rifle rounds push the bullet into the case and then later had the same issue with handgun rounds. No more!

1 Like

May need more context on my post, in response to asking about the purchase of ammo. Am I safe to assume you aren’t buying reloads to exclusively shoot through that rifle?

1 Like

Correct. I roll my own.

Ever heard of the TCU cartridges? 6, 6.5, and 7mm TCU? The 6.5 TCU is approaching 6.5 Grendel power.

1 Like

I’m guessing you are right about Fenix Ammo. I never took them into my consideration due to their reloads price being higher than branded ammo.
I was buying reloaded / manufactured ammo only because of better price. And lesson has been learned - quality always comes with price.
These days I’m buying the least expensive and confirmed good quality branded ammo. So far - no problems.

I avoid reload for now.
I used to use some Sellier & Bellott FMJ, but kept finding rounds that simply would not fire, in different pistols. The firing pin hit, but no boom.
This happened with different lots so I avoid them.

For target practice I really like the CCI Blazer.

2 Likes

Yeah, they are a bit pricey. I think that’s due to their focus on the competition shooters.

I bought back when they were actually the same price as branded ammo.

1 Like

I have had bad luck with the cheaper Remington offerings like their bulk UMC and some of their .22 options. Had a batch of 9mm that were tumbling out of the barrel and key holing at less than 3 yards and couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn at 10 yards. Haven’t bought any in over a decade so maybe they’ve gotten better?

2 Likes

Speaking of 22LR…
Remington Golden Bullet 22LR was one of the worst ammo ever. But that was in fall of 2020… the time when their available ammo was still made by Remington.
I’m hoping it’s better quality now, under new hands… but I’m not going to test it, having other and better options for a good price.

2 Likes

Just shows how opinions can vary. Remington Golden Bullet .22 LR hollow point is my daughter’s favorite ammo to run in her pistol. I have seen her shoot more accurately with it compared to other brands.

I’m not discounting the “placebo effect”…

2 Likes

Pretty good price for 1000rnds of Federal Am. Eagle 115gr FMJ At

Shipping is not free, but for my location it comes to $.266/round shipped.

2 Likes

I use the Bulk Cheap Ammo (BCA) app to always find the best prices.

1 Like

Not bad at all! I’m at $0.29 per round reloading jhp with today’s prices.

2 Likes

AmmoMart

ZSR 9mm 115gr FMJ - 1000 Rounds
$225 + $18 (S&H), no TAX.

I constantly shoot ZSR without single issue.

Sometime AmmoMart gets a good deal for this
ADRENALINE 9mm 115gr FMJ - 50 Rounds
This ammo has ZSR stamp… :thinking: just different packaging.

1 Like

No tax? Is it sold out of a van down by the river?

2 Likes

The van is on the other side of the river, which is a State borderline. :wink:

1 Like

CCI Blazer Brass $0.26/rnd, free shipping today at targetsportsusa.com

4 Likes

Thanks for mentioning this. I always look for the sales with free shipping.

1 Like

Blazer Brass. 9mm 124gr $0.24/rnd Free shipping over $125.

1 Like