Where do you CONSISTENTLY find the best prices (Shipped) for 9mm, decent quality practice ammo?

How do you like the Sarsilmaz? Is that the 124gr FMJ you’re buying? I’d be interested to know how it performs.

You’d think it would do well in a Sarsilmaz pistol, being under the aegis of the same company, but that didn’t work out for me with the Taurus/Magtech combination.

1 Like

AS of 7/5/23,
Ammomart.com Looks like the government got to them. Only selling 50 9mm rounds at a time now.
Ammoshoponline.com - What does anyone know about Venatum? Free shipping when you buy 4 boxes of 50 at $15.99/ea. ($.32/rnd.) Also Norma MHP 108gr hollow points are $.99 ea (Free shipping) if you buy 4 or more boxes of 20 for $19.99 ea.

1 Like

I shot both Turkish ammo . Sarsilmaz was 124gr, but to be honest, I’ve never seen any difference shooting 115 vs124. I just buy whatever is less expensive at the moment.
I run over 3000 of each of them without single malfunction. Very clear ammo.

Regarding same manufacturer of pistol and ammo… I don’t think it is advantages. Ammo is produced according to specs, so it’s made to meet these specs, not particular pistol.

I never used Vanatum… it’s to expensive anyway.

I’m not sure why you cannot buy more rounds from Ammo Mart, I don’t have this problem.
Do you have an account with them?

I hear you. I can only offer my own anecdotal experience with ammo from different manufacturers performing differently in my pistol, even when the specs match up. For instance, American Eagle produces larger groups than Blazer, even when shooting from a rest.

1 Like

I should have been more clear. No bulk ammo.

No bulk ammo… I bought 20 boxes of 50 rds.

2 Likes

That’s true. I have several bad experiences with few polymer handguns not feeding properly with certain ammunition. Unfortunately manufacturers of 9x19 ammo don’t use fixed dimensions and sometimes there are differences of 0.03"… which some pistols cannot handle.

Always test before use… :grinning:

For any given handgun, FMJ and JHP will perform differently, mostly due to projectile configuration and how it reacts to the feed ramp and magazines. It’s just the nature of the beast. If you throw in synthetics, frangible, etc. it complicates things even further. That is why, for each of my defensive handguns (home defense and carry) I stick to no more than two defensive rounds (per handgun) that I know will perform as required. I verify this annually when I burn off “old” ammo (that, plus battery exchanges/charging is how I spend part of my birthday every year). Personally, I have not noted much difference in FMJ’s as to how they feed/eject, recognizing they are not going to be the same as defensive rounds. Group size, particularly with FMJs, is not especially critical. If I can get a fist-sized group at 15 yds. I am satisfied. I pay a little more attention to group size with defensive rounds (happy with fist size group at 20 yds). Sorry - got a little off-topic.

2 Likes

Define bulk ammo? I buy in large quantites during sales/deals, but it is the same ammo as is available by the box. This feels like the old wives tale about tires and oil bought online are of inferior quality…

This is where I have bought all of my ammo online.

2 Likes

I was just saying to Jersy that ammomart.com does not offer ammo in in boxes larger than 50 for 9mm. I would certainly buy in bulk if the price is right.

So I might understand it incorrectly.
I don’t buy bulk ammo. It’s always in 50rd package.
I think you won’t find branded 9 mm ammo packed differently than 50 rd box.
(And it also depends how we define “branded” :wink:)

Ammosupplywarehouse.com. Good prices if you buy in bulk. They have a west coast and east coast site.

1 Like

Between both sites a total of 150+ stores they monitor. Both sites have store overlaps they monitor but each site monitors some the other doesn’t as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link to ammobuy @Mike141, I have not run across that one before. I really like AmmoSeek because of the ability to search for a specific brand, grain weight, etc. but you are correct, I find different “deals” on different search sites.

Another one I use is:
Ammo Deals | WikiArms AmmoEngine

1 Like

www.targetsportsusa.com (if you buy enough ammo to be asking this question, their membership pays off)

Anything by the ATK group. Federal, Speer, CCI. Lawman the best quality there for range use.

Magtech/CBC

IMI

PPU/Prvi Partizan, S&W, Fiocchi, PMC are okay too

2 Likes

Any ammo brands you folks really don’t like/stay away/run away from?

• reloads (All brands) → I’m done with testing them. 100% of reloads purchased online had at least one major failure. They are sometimes overpowered or underpowered.
    I’m ok with reloads from my close friends. They are making ammo for themselves, so it has to be 100% reliable.

• Tulammo → dirty as hell

• Winchester → I had too many light strikes with them

3 Likes