When are they going to pass the national carry?

Politicians dragging their feet the house passed it with no problem when is the senate going to do their job so trump can sign it ??

2 Likes

@Timothy3. Never going to happen. It may pass in a couple states but never on the national stage. Here in Illinois, NY, Mass, CA, and about 13 more. Never going to happen. That bill is DOA, Congress is now majority Democrat, and Senate is just holding on by a thread. Should the bill pass the house which it will not. Liberal Republicans will be a No vote in the senate so it’s not going to ever happen.

1 Like

It did pass the house it’s been sitting in the senate for a long while., I have 38 states but have to lock her up in the others…Tim

1 Like

All I am saying it did pass the last Congress but the bill is being blocked in the US Senate and only has a 4% chance of ever coming out of committee. So Never is going to happen as our country turns more anti-gun

1 Like

I dunno, they are pushing for “common sense” gun laws, this prez may just be cagey enough to say standards across the U.S. need to be the same so a national firearms purchase card my fold right into a national CCW. The kid from the Garlic Festival shooting used the disparity of laws between the states to end around CA’s laws. So it could rightly be stated that there is an “Inter state commerce” issue which the federal authority has jurisdiction. By submission of proof of firearms education, military or LEO service you would also get a federal CCW, you have already passed the 4473 check. You would still have to fill out a 4473 to make sure you were still current. No different than now. Hell while we are at it make it a voter registration card and drivers license all in one.

Food for thought.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

It passed the house when it was under Republican control but needs 60 votes to pass the senate which it did not have and it never came up for a vote. I believe the bill is dead (sine die -failed) because it was not passed before the legislative session ended.

4 Likes

@MikeBKY Exactly Mike it’s just not going to happen as people thought. I wish it could but … Wishful thinking isn’t going to make it happen and the liberal Republicans will just vote Present should it come up ever again.

3 Likes

I wonder if we are kin ?? Tim. Burns

1 Like

Did ya ever notice that most of the states where you can’t carry are the ones where you are most likely to NEED to carry.? Think Ny, No, Il, Ca. Makes you wonder. Frankly though I think the odds of this ever happening now are less than 0. Look at the looney left and the inroads they are making and I think we will be lucky to keep the rights we have today.

3 Likes

That also applies to every country

2 Likes

And do you notice that those same states want to blame the states surrounding them for their problems.

3 Likes

I just don’t see it happening. Even if it did on a Federal level there are states that would ignore it. I.E. Sanctuary states. This goes against Federal Law but there are sanctuary states and cities all over the country.

2 Likes

Right! Gene.

2 Likes

Here in the Communist state of NY, Cuomo has hinted at suing the Feds if they pass national reciprocity. I’m sure the other state, NJ, IL etc will follow suit (pun intended).

So I did the best thing that I could and got my FL non-resident permit and drove to PA, gave them my NY CCW (unrestricted) and got a non-resident permit. *most of the states that recognize those permits also recognize the non-resident but some do not. I simply look it up when I travel.

I have a nice map on the wall that shows me which states I can carry in and I check online before I travel.

I can’t even carry in NYC even though I live in central NY. I can’t imagine having to follow NJ laws, no hollow points…

So I don’t hold my breath for this to ever get passed.

Now the flip side is I don’t think it’s a good idea the way it’s written. National Reciprocity should be FULL unrestricted carry and not having to conform to State Laws. That means SCOTUS would have to grow a set and make all local laws null and void.

The edge of the coin is, maybe if National Reciprocity got passed, some states would sue and SCOTUS might take it up and grow a set.

Meanwhile I’ll keep my 3 permits and someday hope the stupidity goes away.

3 Likes

You might have something Craig6…The Democratic’s are trying to put heat on President Trump and the GOP by pushing Gun Control. It’s a political move, hoping Mr. Trump makes a bad move that upsets the 2A community so there would be a chance he can lose in 2020. Just my thoughts, The President is a master at trolling people and playing people like a chess game. He said in the past he was for National Reciprocity and has met with Wayne LaPierra of the NRA. Our government already has background checks and what’s better than National Reciprocity background checks, we all went through it. The President could pass National Reciprocity for US.

2 Likes

@MikeBKY. Hi Mike
Yupp just like here in Lincoln Land
but the irony here is that the people in Chicago Cook Co. want to place blame on the rest of the state in other words anywhere but Chicago Cook Co.

2 Likes

My license for Illinois covers many states plus my Florida license covers many states and I or my wife do not really have the interest to visit any other to much. I’m going to be ecstatic when she’s home from CA at the end of the month. Illinois has no reciprocal relationship with any state but many states do allow from IL.

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath for national you have a better chance of being struck by lightning or winning the lottery. Illinois will never jump on it ever absolutely for sure EVER

1 Like