What's the worst advice you've ever gotten?

I was told to hold the gun with a lighter grip " like a handshake with an older person" lol

2 Likes

I’ve actually heard that one at the range from someone renting a gun @tinknocker. I was in shock! We worked with that person before they shot on the range that day.

1 Like

@Kelly really great work with the artistry!! What I was told is truck drivers can’t carry, because it’s not legal to have a firearm in a commercial vehicle plus there’s always highway patrol to save you if you have someone trying to rob you.

6 Likes

I’m not sure that I can add any more bad advice that isn’t already on this thread. I will say that I am disappointed that there is still so much sexism and misogyny in the “gun world”. Even more disappointing is that I am not surprised either. I am sorry that ladies have to put up with that crap, but I am glad that those like @Dawn and @Kelly have brushed that aside and continued on with carrying and shooting.

8 Likes

So much for controlling muzzle rise. That’s also a good way to induce a “limp wrist” failure to eject.

3 Likes

While I wish the sexism didn’t exist either, the look on a sexist’s face when I show my knowledge is priceless!

I’ve got a lot to learn yet - especially when it comes to long guns - but I’m eager to learn and help others. To me that’s a lot more important than sex or age or religion or any other “differentiator” out there.

6 Likes

Ya know, while I don’t appreciate being talked down to, it mostly doesn’t require any response. Usually a raised eyebrow and letting their comment stink up the place without an answer is sufficient for most people in the room to identify who the real jerk in the room is.
That, or just get in the shooting lane and let your grouping on the target explain it to them :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I suppose it is best for you to use it as a “teaching moment” for the idiot who thinks that “girls can’t shoot”. If they refuse to learn, then they aren’t worth your time. In a group that I shoot with, one of the best shooters is a young lady who studies at a local university. She is on her game for sure. The point is that skill with firearms has nothing to do with gender, and everything to do with willingness to learn and practice.

5 Likes

@Nathan Well, sometimes you get to open their minds. Other times, you get to entertain everyone in the room but them. Either way it’s all good :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Damon thanks! Lol. It’s a good way to strip negativity.
@Nathan absolutely!. @Dawn and I got this! :raised_hands: as well as all the other ladies who do what they want regardless of the bullies. It’s experience, not gender. I have alot to learn but I’m not afraid to shoulder that 300 win mag! (Don’t know if I’ll do that again!) I always try and teach confidence to newer shooters, man or women. I have no problem being their spine, so to say, when it comes to picking out what they want.

6 Likes

Yeah, I lost a lot of confidence in him as a trainer at that point.

1 Like

You also got a bullseye when you shot the .300 win mag.

2 Likes

Exactly! Guess I don’t ever have to shoot that again! :woman_shrugging: :smile:

3 Likes

Guns are evil! I heard it from Nancy Pelosi

3 Likes

Hey Dawn Was that Someone Named Diane Feinstein ? I couldn’t resist. That’s what she has said on different occasions giving speeches to her Lap Dog Followers.

2 Likes

Worst I’ve ever heard wasn’t to me but to my wife.
“Just point it in their direction close your eyes and pull the trigger”.
She trained for a while single dominant and now helping her with both eyes open.
Gotta say the stuff available in the members areas has been great in helping us both be better, smarter and safer armed Americans. So gotta give props to USCCA for some GREAT material.

3 Likes

“Sir, I thank you for being here, but this is Trump’s America and no one in this class needs USCCA. Our president protects us”…

2 Likes

@Jack… ok…
Response time on my EDC… about two seconds.
Response time on USCCA… about 10 minutes.
Response time on a sheriff… about 3 hours.
Response time on the POTUS… er… about never.
:woman_facepalming:
Love the confidence but still going with :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

I laughed at that one. There is scientific proof that men lose prefrontal cortex activity when they are around pretty women, in plain language, they act retarded (I don’t like that word very much). After 20 years of firearms instructing on a daily basis I’ve seen it proven true over and over.

5 Likes

“Two to the chest, one to the head”.

Great way to end up in prison and bankrupt.

4 Likes