What would you do: Birthday Party

You’re at your twin nephew’s birthday party at a local children’s pizza place. The kids are loud, rambunctious, and jumping all over each other.

When the pizza arrives, another parent pours you a beer and puts it in front of you. What do you do?

(Not sure of the gun laws regarding drinking and beer in your state, check them out here: https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/ )

2 Likes

Sorry, I Pass!

2 Likes

“No, thanks.”

3 Likes

I don’t drink anymore but know what you’re driving at here. In Texas you can not be"impaired", but the reasonable person on a jury will want to see NO alcohol in your system when they make their decision.

With that said, “no thanks man, I’ve got a nice diet pop coming out for me”.

2 Likes

“Sorry, I’m today’s designated driver.”

2 Likes

Those who know me know I do not drink. So, Sorry!

3 Likes

This is an easy one for me at almost any time in such a situation… especially if pizza is involved: “Thanks! But I’m blowing all my carb calories on [pizza] as it is - I’m out of luck, it’s water and diet soda for me.”

• Fill in your choice of non-alcoholic goodies, could be the pizza, could be the dessert, could be anything on the menu or the next meal at which I intend to have something special. Counting the calories is an easy and honest way out. Again, especially if I’m eating pizza.
2 Likes

Welcome to the family @Steven223 and you are blessed to be here.

1 Like

I would have to pass

2 Likes

All excellent replies and I would say I don’t drink.

1 Like

“Best rule of thumb don’t drink when you you have your weapon on your person. Leave the weapon in the car, when you leave if your well under your states limit then put it back on.” I read this in another publication and I’m not convinced that this is the best idea. I WOULD WELCOME ANY FEEDBACK ON THIS QUATE.

4 Likes

Easy answer for me as I don’t drink.

1 Like

I agree. I might add, bring that blood alcohol level back to zero, before carrying. Or else, do not carry, keep it locked. If I had to use, and they took my blood, I’d want its count to be zero. A legal interpretation of intoxicated or drunk driving is one thing, but a prosecutor, judge or jury will see “any” alcohol as equating with the capability of being impaired or bad judgment. I regret this, because I believe in the right to bear arms.

When at home, for me, it is a different story, more relaxed, safer, and is where I feel better about being able to have a drink, and the firearm is safely secured. Carry on … safely.

3 Likes

These 2 work GREAT at parties:

Sorry, I can’t. Alcohol decreases the efficacy of my prescription narcotics.

No thanks. Alcohol really messes with my anti-psychotic meds!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

“Thank you, but, I don’t drink. Could I have a sweet tea instead?”

2 Likes

Assuming you’re carrying, correct?

1. Don’t take the beverage. Guns and alcohol do not mix.
  2. Put in my noise cancelling ear buds and listen to Jack Carr or Jocko Willink. Ah. Happy place.
  3. Give the beverage to my lovely wife–the more she drinks, the better I look.
3 Likes

Welcome aboard, brother.

1 Like

Thanks but no thanks.

1 Like

Drinking is not specifically prohibited in Illinois, but I have been a friend of Bill’s since 1984.

I guess you need to ask to see the books??

CARRY IN BARS/RESTAURANTS THAT SERVE ALCOHOL?

Can you carry a concealed firearm in bars and restaurants that serve alcohol in Illinois? You may not concealed carry in any building, real property or parking area under the control of an establishment that serves alcohol on its premises, if more than 50% of the establishment’s gross receipts within the prior 3 months is from the sale of alcohol.

[430 Ill. Comp. Stat. § 66/65(a)(9)]

2 Likes

Welcome to the family @Mike94 and you are in the right place at the right time.