Drinking and Firearms DO NOT MIXđź’”

Do you , just have a couple :question: of brews , and you ant DRUNK :question: TRUELY :question:

Of course I drink… I’m Polish.
:love_you_gesture:

But I have no idea how fast is my draw stroke and how accurate I am after visiting a bar. :wink:

6 Likes

My heavy drinking days ended shortly after high school. I’d been a one drink with diner guy most nights since then. I gave it up completely after my heart attack because of the blood thinners they had me on. But when I got off those my doctor said a single glass of red wine with diner would be good for my heart. So I’ve been following the doctors orders most nights since:)

I’m gonna get a lot of flak for what I say next… But I actually do have a problem with laws that say you can’t exercise your right to self defense if a drop of alcohol touches your lips. But you can get in a vehicle and legally drive down the road after 2 or 3 drinks for most people. Which is more likely to harm someone - a person who is incredibly unlikely to have to touch the pistol in their holster or someone behind the wheel making constant adjustments in traffic on the way home?

Having said that in AZ you can’t touch a drop of alcohol and a firearm at the same time so I follow the law to the letter.

I do believe that no one should carry a firearm or drive a vehicle when their cognitive abilities are impaired any more than they would be after a long hard day at work. Regardless what the law says.

8 Likes

YOU ARE RIGHT IN THE BIBLIE IT DOES , SAY A DRINK OR CUP OF WINE :wine_glass: IS GOOD FOR YOUR SOUL :latin_cross::bangbang: BUT SOME JUST HAVE TO GET SO MESSED UP :bangbang:. FROM THE FLOOR , UP,:bangbang: and THATS THE PROBLEMS WITH ALCOHOLISM :broken_heart:. And the law Bobby Jean :bangbang:and Budweiser can kiss my AZZ :broken_heart::100::chile::latin_cross::owl::feather::feather:

3 Likes

So…of I have a drink I should be a victim? Nah I don’t think so…

2 Likes

Depends on what you’re drinking :grin:

4 Likes

Amen the second that ark docked Noah got so drunk when he got over his hangover he had to baneish his son KAZ he was bad but Noah pulled over and took the keys out of the ark and then he got blasted he was not operating the ark blast he parked it first amen Bobby Jean :chile::owl::feather::feather::latin_cross::100::us:

Brother no one should be a vitamin no matter what as long as they are not hurting anyone else and every one that is of age should be treated with respect and I respect every one when it does not hurt people that can not defend themselves no problems here brother you be you. Rite on Bobby Jean :owl::feather::feather::chile::latin_cross::us:

1 Like

The conditions of my permit in CA is that I don’t have even a drop while carrying. It’s not a law, so it might not have legal implications. But I’m pretty sure that, if caught, no more carry permit for Jim. So I honor my promise.

Having said that, when I get back from the range and will be home the rest of the evening, there’s nothing better than lighting the BBQ and having a couple beers while cleaning my guns and my EDC is with me. The beer tastes even better after a trip to the range and the smell of Hoppe’s blends nicely with the smell of the charcoal heating up. And I don’t drink to excess. Even at home, if I had to use my firearm, I wouldn’t want consumption of alcohol to be used against me in my defense. An attorney could have a field day with that. So much of the law is based on, “could a reasonable person…”. Does that still apply if someone is intoxicated? If I’m below the legal limit to drive a car, I’ve got a fighting chance. But if I’m over the legal limit, how is that going to play out in a civil lawsuit?

4 Likes

Not familiar with Kaz & glad I’m not a vitamin. Sorry can’t help it sometimes. Spell check is hilarious…sometimes. bobbyjean

2 Likes

Don’t drink and carry. Period. Even in states where one can have one drink or 0.08 BAL. Not safe and may mitigate any act of defense. No problem carrying in a bar or restaurant but just don’t drink.

4 Likes

I agree. I don’t drink any longer but when I knew that I was going to be having a cocktail or two, I would not carry but my wife would because she was the designated driver and vice/versa.
In Texas you can be over the legal limit in your home & still legally defense yourself with no legal reproduction according to the law. Now in a courtroom that may play out differently with a jury but if no other choice was given, you could be legally drunk in your home & if it’s a righteous shoot, the point is moot.

4 Likes

Jerzy you crack me up!!! I was WORNG :bangbang: you are a white man , haw haw I have friends that are polish and they drink DRINK , A LOT AND THEY NEVER GET DRUNK LIKE US INDIANS , we have five shots of fire water :fire::fire::fire::exploding_head: AND LOOK OUT :eyes: I do not understand why :bangbang::100: that’s A , FACT, and they do not Have LIQUOR , on the , RESERVATIONS , FOR , A VERY GOOD REASON, or that would be discrimination :bangbang:but it is NOT DISCRIMINATION :bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::owl::feather::feather:DRUNK DRIVING , KILLS, more, NATIVE AMERICANS THAT ,ANY GUNS , two feathers Bobby Jean and I AM an American,INDIAN :latin_cross:

2 Likes

Nope I don’t drink, I quit year’s ago, I can’t stand the stuff, it could disappear from the face of the earth and I wouldn’t loose any sleep! I guess it’s because I’ve lost countless loved ones and it just causes to much unnecessary suffering!

4 Likes

Hello @Molonlabe777! Welcome to the community!

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Molonlabe777

4 Likes

Thanks you guys I really appreciate it!

3 Likes

I’ve never said i’m a white man… :dotted_line_face:

2 Likes

Hey @Molonlabe777 , welcome to the drinking part of the Community :handshake:

:wink:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community , and you are going to have,Fun, and , get the,training that,you,truly want, and,need,to,survive, when, you are CARRYING, A,FIREARM, and ,becoming,A,SAFE, AND RESPONSIBILITY,ARMED,AMERICAN,has,just. STARTED,no matter how long you have been,Handeling,A, FIREARM, you are ,GOING TO BE BETTER , and, that SOUNDS,FUNNY JUST WANT, AND YOU WILL,SEE, I THOUGHT I KNEW SAFTY AND,how to,HANDLE,A, FIREARM , was Dangerous and,un, AWARE, now, THE , TRAINING , the,USCCA,HAS,GOT, ME, SQUARED,AWAY, SO ,Now I know I, still have much MORE,to, LEARN, and I AM , so , now every time you walk, out your door you are not alone, welcome to the FAMILY,Bobby Jean :owl::feather::feather::chile::us::100:AMEN :bangbang: