What would be your Ultimate Training Experience?

There are so many great training opportunities out there. From Gunsite Academy to Sig Academy to the United States Military.

If money was no object, what training experience would you do?

If you’ve seen my other posts, you can guess my preference. Not everyone will like the same firearm or training. Just because I like one brand doesn’t mean it’s better or worse than another brand. :slight_smile:

1 Like

With whichever group Keanu Reeves went to to prepare for the John Wick movies.

4 Likes

I’ll go with you, @45IPAC! Check out this video from Keanu Reeves training for John Wick 2:

3 Likes

Thunder Ranch or training with Pat McNamara.

5 Likes

I’m hoping to pull this off for my 40th but the TRIFECTA from Tactical Reponse 6 days of training
You get Fighting pistol, a medical class and a force on force class

2 Likes

Thunder Ranch and or Vickers Tactical.

5 Likes

I had seen that video before. Made watching the John Wick movies even better, knowing that the hero’s gun usage was at least somewhat truthful.

3 Likes

I’m hoping to train with Dave Spaulding next time he comes to Phoenix.

1 Like

Real world realistic training situations. Everything from home invasions to carjackings to public shopping areas. Ability to push limits, capabilities and ability of myself and firearm with FTF, FTE scenarios. Another words best of the best training. Use that training and information to incorporate into family emergency action plan that is already in place.

3 Likes

I am a highly trained Airborne Ranger and target acquisition is second nature to me. I can read my surrounding at any time all the time. It’s also second nature. I was trained to be indifferent so to do my nation’s bidding. However, in almost every case I encounter I will try and flee. I constantly train myself with my carry gun. It’s there when I need it ready to go, but in almost every case I will run away. And when I can’t my second nature shooting will surface. You see, I am a highly trained Airborne Ranger and my first instinct is to flee. All of you should take a lesson from that. Train all you want, but don’t be so quick to get in a fight.

6 Likes

!! :+1:
Welcome to the community @Matthew.Hamrick glad you’re here.

2 Likes

Force on Force Simunition training every other week, and long range shooting on alternatives at the SIG Academy for the rest of my life!

4 Likes

The best fight is the one we don’t have to have, right @Matthew.Hamrick?

Thank you for your service!

2 Likes

Dawn I believe the best fight is the one you don’t have. That being said, I am ready for anything that comes my way, however I will always try to run without fighting. I know what I am capable of and Airborne Rangers kill indiscriminately. So, without going into detail a great fight is one you walk away from. I am very grateful for USCCA for those moments I can’t run. It was my pleasure to serve and I would do it again if called upon.

4 Likes

I don’t know the particular name of courses but I’d get whatever I could and as much of it as possible. Like military level intensity once I progressed towards it

1 Like

Warrior Poet Society

Just a day shooting with Colion Noir.

1 Like

All of the above are great suggestions! I will also offer an alternative you may not have heard of. Take a look at Boondocks Firearms Training Academy located in Central MS. I am the former General Manager and the Training Coordinator. I am also the new Outside Sales Rep for USCCA in MS. We have in house classes and guest instructors from all over the country. I just completed the MAG40 Class with Massad Ayoob, we have Spencer Keepers, Brian Hill, Tom Givens and Dave Spaulding all coming in the next year. Boondocks is “one of the finest facilities in the country!” These are not my words by the words of the above listed instructors. You can think of it as the Gunsite of the South! Check it out www.boondocksfta.com

1 Like

You are on my list @ChadW. Look forward to seeing you maybe this summer.

1 Like

Warrior Poet Society. I’ve done the military thing. Of course, I’m in the Navy. So, we didn’t get great training.

I’d love to train with WPS, though!

1 Like

My ultimate would be a full 360 shoot house in my back yard so I can practice, develop training, and then invite all my friends, old and new, over to shoot.