What would be your ideal job?

Jeff Foxworthy, the comedian, once said his ideal job was to fire a cannon loaded with frozen chickens at airplane windshields (yes that is how they test them). What would be your ideal job? Test a new firearm by putting 10,000 rounds through it, test drive a new tank, see how a new fighter jet performs? All of the above? They never mentioned these type of jobs at job fairs or on the aptitude test I took in high school many years ago.

3 Likes

Five hour work week, lunch from 12 to 1 with direct deposit.

4 Likes

The guy who works at Chicago O’Hare that scares off the wildlife from the runways using bottle rockets and replaces the taxiway/runway lights. $185,000 a year.

5 Likes

Got it now, working outside with outdoor power equipment, working my ranch, playing with chainsaws, and loaders with buckets and grapples.

PS. Teaching people firearms shooting.

5 Likes

That sounds more like retirement.

2 Likes

That’s what the wife says!!!hahahah!!! It’s weird, I feel guilty everyday when I go to work that I enjoy it so much.

5 Likes

:joy:
I like this.
I was working for 12 years almost the same way…full time job, 116 hours per month :muscle:

But to be honest… The perfect job is this one which gives you full satisfaction.

@Fizbin seems to be having one…

6 Likes

I’ve had jobs before where I saw to the wife when I go off to work, “Well, I’m going into jail” I hated them so so so much but I never quit a job unless I had another one.

4 Likes

What my 2nd job already is, coaching at motorcycle track days.

1 Like

I have a friend of mine that has a brother in Germany. He does promotional work for Porsche and occasionally they let him drive one home which of course is on the Autobahn with no speed limit.

2 Likes

:smiling_imp: dangerous job…but still may be ideal… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There is way easier driving in Germany than here… different culture. Left line is ALWAYS clear for high speeders :muscle:

3 Likes

Ours is used for people who “have a right to drive in any lane they want,” or so I have been told many times when I ask them.

2 Likes

“Constitutional right” :wink:

My “ideal” job would be quality control at the Corvette plant in Kentucky. They take random cars on the test track, and drive the bejesus out of them.

My next choice would be the guy that tests Ammo for Underwood.

2 Likes

I wanted to be a Gregorian monk, but I never got the chants :rofl:

6 Likes

Sitting around in my boxers and a coffee stained T-shirt working from home.
Oh wait, nevermind.

5 Likes

You can always purr… :wink: unless they are qualifications to be a Gregorian monk… :thinking:

sounds fun but not worth the pay cut. LOL

Actually, any job you can consider a hobby and get paid for is a perk :hugs:

2 Likes

Billionaire. Playboy. Genius. Philanthropist.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

-Ironman Tony Stark

:loudspeaker:Seriously, whatever job that allows me to buy a few thousand acres of land, build my compound, put houses up for family & friends, and build the coolest range (indoor & outdoor) known to mankind.

:v:t5:

9 Likes