What was the first gun you ever shot?

My step dad let me try frog hunting with a .25, talk about a challenge. Since I believe the bullet starts dropping right out if the muzzle.

4 Likes

My Dadā€™s Winchester 37 in .410 I was to small to hold the gun myself so it was resting on a bench pointed out over the field.

I still have the shell, and the shotgun.

4 Likes

Aaah, fond memories, indeed!

The first two were both my late-Unlceā€™s, and they were(in order) a Glock 17 and a WWII-era 1911.

Aaaah, my first .45ā€¦

3 Likes

Hk P30 was the first one I shot

2 Likes

As a kid? A Remington 500 series bolt-action .22 rifle. An absolute joy to shoot.

Didnā€™t shoot a pistol until I was 50 years old! That was a SCCY CPX-2. A tough gun to master due to a 9-lb DAO trigger, short barrel, and light weight. But Iā€™ve mastered it, and the discipline I developed has helped me become much more accurate with my striker-fired guns.

3 Likes

.22 rifle for ROTC. Nervous and hit the wrong target.

6 Likes

Never shot until last Augustā€¦ went to the range with a friend and shot a 9mm M&P shield. ( liked it so much it ended up being my first purchase) My friend also had a .45 and a 380ā€¦ i got hooked :grin:. Now I wonder why I waited so long.

7 Likes

Shield is a great shooter and easy to conceal :raised_hands: itā€™s my favorite!

2 Likes

@Scoutbob, it is! Unfortunately, I traded it in to be able to afford my Glock 19. Someday I hope to find a really good deal in a shield and pick one up again. :grinning:

3 Likes

Noā€¦ whyā€¦ WHY :sob::sob:!!!

Just kidding. Iā€™ve been tempted to pick up a Glock 19 myself. I love my Shields, but Capacity is lacking. The 9mm and 40 models are also a little too small for my hand. The shield 45 has taken my shield 9s place. Glock 19 is a great choice as Iā€™m sure you already know :joy:. It actually makes more sense than the Shield 45, but I like to be different :joy:.

2 Likes

My first shot was from a model 42. Of course the T-Rex arms were too short, so my dad helped. Still counts thoughā€¦

3 Likes

The first gun I ever shot was the first gun I ever owned. It was a Taurus 38 special. I took it to the range, shot 100 rounds through it and on my way out of the range, I found out they were having a ccw class. I took the class and passed my efficiency test and now I carry daily.

2 Likes

My Savage Stevens .22 rifle. My first gun that I got for Christmas when I was 16. I still have her and she still shoots great. Not a speck of rust. Mighty fine little rifle. A model 987 semi-auto with the tube magazine.

4 Likes

an old Mossberg .22 that had a selection of front and rear sights. Forearm extended to the end of the barrel. Probably put more bricks through it than a police station in a riot

3 Likes

My lovely Red Rider BB gun! My father was as excited as I when I opened that Christmas present. Also included was a small supply of BBā€™sā€¦just in case I shot my eye out! Dad took me to the woods and set up a bunch of cola cans. I can still hear the beautiful sound as each BB found its target.

3 Likes

@Cross_Rifles, with such experience as a 4 yrs old kid, you should jump into this thread:

2 Likes

I was 14 when my uncle let me shoot his 10 gauge shot gun.

5 Likes

I didnā€™t even think to pick my BB gun. My dad bought me a BB gun when I was 4 or 5 and to be honest, he taught me gun safety without me realizing it. My wife and I just had a baby boy and I was super excited to collect my old BB gun from my dad so I can pass it on :grin:.

6 Likes

@Tatt00rick, welcome to the community!

2 Likes

M 14 @ Camp Pendleton 1966.

4 Likes