First time going shooting

Do you remember the first firearm you ever shot?

1 Like

Mine was a Kel-Tec P-11, and apparently I was holding my grip too high, because the slide cut my hand!

1 Like

Beretta 92FS, still my first love.

2 Likes

If I remember right I was 7, out with my dad and a friend of his. We shot granddad’s .22lr an old 572 Remington pump.

First time with a pistol I was 8 and we shot my great grand father’s .38 S&W.

That was almost 50 years ago and I’ve been an avid shooter since.

2 Likes

That’s a nice Beretta! Thanks for your response!

2 Likes

You were really young then, bet it was a fun time!

1 Like

It was a Luger-replica pellet pistol - my dad wanted to teach us to shoot I think but my mom was pretty hysterical about it. He eventually talked her into letting us shoot the pellet pistol one time for gun-safety training reasons. He tried to let me shoot his derringer, but I couldn’t pull the trigger. I think I might have been … 6? 7?
Next one was a 12ga shotgun my first husband and I bought after our house was burglarized. I was 18.

2 Likes

12 gauge double barrel, both barrels loaded with hot loads and nobody told me how to hold it, but I was encouraged to pull both triggers at the same time. I was 7 or 8.

Felt that for a week. Blew that milk jug all over the place though.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your story.

1 Like

Bet you did feel that for awhile!

1 Like

Handgun: Glock 19… Then the Sig P229 during the same range session. The rest is history.

2 Likes

Believe it or not my first gun I ever shot was an 1855 colt revolver. Hard wood hand gripped, number 15 of 2300… It was my great,great grandfather’s handed down from generation to generation. It’s now sitting in a safety deposit box waiting for my son to get old enough so I can pass it on to him…

4 Likes

That’s right, you’re a Sig fan. Nothing wrong with that.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! That’s a seriously old gun.

2 Likes

Marlin Glenfield Model 60. I had to use a 2 wheel dolly as a stand. Dad still has that old thing.

3 Likes

My first time was a Colt Gov. model in .380. That was a Long long time ago.

2 Likes