What socks do you wear hunting?

You just can’t beat alpaca wool for warmth. I highly recommend it! HOLLOW ALPACA WOOL SOCKS IN REVIEW

4 Likes

I wear good wool socks, thickness dependent on outside temp and insulation of the boots I’ll be wearing. Because of that I have several pairs in everything from relatively thin to rather chunky. But my go to combination is thinner socks, heavier insulated boot if I can have the option.

5 Likes

Thin socks and well insulated boots… like @Enzo_T posted.

My problem with thick / warm socks is feet sweating. :anguished:

5 Likes

I wear a light weight merino wool sock pretty much every day. The merino wool has really helped with the feet sweating issues. Ill wear a mid weight in the winter with insulated boots. I am not a fan of super thick socks as they usually require me to go a size larger in the boots for them to fit comfortably.

2 Likes

Just found “lightweight” merino wool socks and ordered 3 pairs for testing. Thx for info. :metal:

4 Likes

Wool is great and synthetics are great. They both wick moisture away from the skin, dry quickly and stay warm even when a little moist.

The ONLY material I avoid like the plague is cotton. Swiftly gets wet from sweat, then looses all insulation and cushioning properties and STAYS wet and causes blisters and other problems.

5 Likes

i really like the danish endurance brand. its whats on my feet right now lol
MERINO WOOL HIKING SOCKS LIGHT – DANISH ENDURANCE

3 Likes

I am never standing still long enough for my feet to get cold. I where a thin pair of synthetic socks with a pair of Kenetrek boots.

Cannot do any better than Alpaca wool socks! Soft, warm! Yea!

2 Likes

I don’t wear socks… or underpants.

:scream: :flushed: :astonished: :woozy_face: :wink: :thinking:

A 2024-02-16 18-45-11

1 Like

That’s an old photo of me. My hair is grayer now.

3 Likes

I see no hair at all… :flushed:
Screenshot from 2024-02-16 20-27-05

1 Like

I was manscaping at that time.

2 Likes

I prefer wool, a little lighter but natural in color, to help protect me from various bug bites, and see the bugs when I remove my clothing. Learning the hard way, been bit too much in the past, I best inspect myself and each other before getting back into the car.

@RangeMatt , thx for the tip about lightweight merino wool socks. :handshake:
I was always worred about sweating, but these socks exceeded my expectations. :v:
Not even didn’t make feet sweat but the tops didn’t press against the skin, like most of cotton socks did.

I wore them yesterday for 6 hrs indoor training and never felt more comfortable in my shoes.

I didn’t buy the same brand you had posted. I chose LIXIA socks.

1 Like

@Jerzees yeah, I can’t speak highly enough about them. It’s pretty much all I wear now. Can’t say I’ve ever tried that brand but I’m sure if it’s a quality sock they will be great. A lot of people really like the darn tough brand merino wool socks as well. I’m told they have a lifetime warranty

1 Like