What is your religion and why?

A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LORD JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY CHRIST IS NOT A BIBLIE SALESMAN THE LORD ALMIGHTY IS FREEDOM JUST HIS LOVE AND YOU AND NO ONE CAN TELL ANYONE ELSE WHAT THE LORD IS TO YOU BUT YOU AN ANYONE WHO TRYS TO TELL YOU SLAM YOUR DOOR GOD KNOW YOU NO ONE ELSE YOUR RELATIONSHIP IS PRIVATE JUST THE LORD AND YOU :100:Bobby Jean

We can only plant a seed. It is god that gives the increase. Maybe some day you’ll open your mind and heart to His word

Blessings to you

4 Likes

Maybe some day you’ll open your mind and heart and soul to His word and spirit

4 Likes

I knew this was going to go sideways as soon as I read @Mike164 post

I’m the best Christian

No I’m the best Christian

Nuh Uh, I’m the best

No way, I’m the best

I believe in God way more than you.

God loves me best

And so it goes. Until :fire: is being thrown.

1 Like

I am a Jew. The problem is we are all humans.

2 Likes

Don’t care what your religion is. I think it’s funny watching things spiral out of control. I think it’s funny that the book of Mathew even enjoined the faithful, to not judge.

First the intolerance, then the intolerance of those who were being intolerant, then the intolerance of those who were being intolerant to those who were being intolerant in the first place…

I can keep going… But I think we can figure out where it goes from there.

5 Likes

Freedom and tolerance go hand in hand. One cannot be free if one cannot let others be free.

4 Likes

From my quote you included, where did I say I was the best Christian? All christians are on a constant walk of self improvement to conform themselves more and more to Christ Jesus. Not everyone is at the same spot.

Why do non religious ppl always, it seems like, think Christians are sinless? We are forgiven and work to improve ourselves to be less sinful.

2 Likes

You are only following what you have been told. Have you done any research to see what the Bible actually teaches? Christians are called to judge in righteousness, not to judge to condemnation. How do we know what is righteous? Simple, does what a person is doing align with what god says.

Ppl that do as you imply, Jesus specifically taught against.
Luke 18:9-14
Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be [a]humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Blessings to you

2 Likes

I am not a Christian and I don’t know if it’s my place.
Amen to that.

1 Like

It’s the self righteous act. Who the eff are you to judge another man’s heart? Take the sanctimonious b.s. to someone who cares. I have seen far to many “Christian’s” rush to judgement of someone else, while what they need to be tending is there own relationship with God.

Another scripture for you, that you and those of your ilk tend to forget, to twist it to mean what you want it to mean.

Let he who among you, is without sin, cast the first stone.

Jesus was among them, he was without sin, yet he chose not to cast a stone. Why? Jesus is merciful and knows it is God who judges. Jesus lifted up the sinful, who came to know his Grace. To show them by example. Who was the first at the resurrection? Was it an apostle? No it was a woman who sinned and came to grace by following Jesus’s words and actions. Not by the abuse of a follower.

Who was it that Jesus made the founder of his church? Who was the bedrock upon which the church was founded? While Matthew 16: 18-19 states one interpretation but all who follow his teachings know the Church is founded upon Jesus. But Jesus gave power on earth to Simon Peter. Who was Simon Peter to Jesus? Was he pure? Was he without sin in his life? No, he was a man who came to grace through Jesus’s teachings. Not Jesus’s followers beating him over the head with their “sanctimony”.

Tend to your own relationship with God.

No where does Jesus tell you to force someone to come to Jesus by denigrating their beliefs or preaching your own narrow worldview. He enjoins the faithful to lead by example. That the journey to his grace, is exactly that. A Journey.

I feel pretty safe in saying that the Holy Trinity can accomplish salvation for all who desire it.

No one starts their journey to faith pure. They start as, all of those who come to Christ, as sinners.

Feel free to p.m. me.

I am positive that I am being a hypocrite by debating you publicly. As who am I to judge you? I am a man, who is fallible. So are you. God is great enough for all of us. Some come to grace by being a sinner and then evolving.

3 Likes

Do you even understand the irony of the Scripture you linked.

You. Are. The. Pharisee.

You are not the tax collector, in this scripture, who humbled himself to come to grace. You are the one who came to Grace and are now saying everyone look at me. I am so pure.

Whatever, someone’s beliefs are, they evolve over time. The issue remains. It’s not your J.O.B. to judge. That is God’s domain.

2 Likes

He replied, “The knowledge of the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. Matthew 13:11

2 Likes

My thoughts.

2 Likes

I’ve avoided posting on this thread because I don’t know how much or how little to say. A friend of mine and I were texting about some of this stuff weeks ago. How would we define who we are? We are different stripes, but very similar.

I finally texted and said this:

I am a recovering sinner.

So much more to it than that. But that is true.

7 Likes

Death ? Brother he defeated death , and he lives. Can’t claim it church but was raised Baptist , have read every word in that book front to back several times. I used to read it and try to understand what they were trying to say all those years ago , a good friend finally helped me understand . Don’t try to read anything extra into it , read it as is . It means what it says , every single word of it .

5 Likes

I’m thinking you have some anger issues. I wasn’t telling you about Luke to judge you. Rather to inform you. As Christians we are to love everyone. The Bible is clear; 2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

Now the question is: how are you receiving it and how is the person telling you? Are you open to someone giving loving criticism or do you get angry at every comment? I don’t say”blessings to you “ to be self righteous. Instead I honestly mean it.

Blessings to you

PS check your settings. You say to message you but you turned off messaging. ???

1 Like

I’ve not turned my messages off that I am aware of. In 5 years the only change I’ve made to my account was to block one individual.

You, individually you @William591, chose to reply to someone who said they were an atheist and said something about their beliefs by presupposing that your beliefs point out things that at this time he does not support.

You @William591 are not God’s chosen Champion on Earth. @Mike164 made a comment…

You @William591 jumped in and proved his point. I @Zavier_D pointed out, by giving you loving criticism that your response is not what the faithful are enjoined by the message of Christ to do. So the question is. How are you receiving the gentle, faith based, message to stay in your lane?

We can sit here and toss scripture back and forth. Your scripture based quotes have proven my points this far.

It is not your J.O.B to judge. That is the provenance of God Almighty. Perhaps greater introspection and deeper study of the Bible will help you understand that God is great enough that his grace can bestowed without your exhortations.

p.s. am sending you a p.m. now. I get p.m.'s very frequently so I’m not sure why.

1 Like

I am having trouble PMing you I think the trouble might be on our end.

Many people myself included see the Bible as a confirmation of what they feel in their heart. My understanding of Christianity is to read the Bible and take instruction from it. Not everyone reads the Bible so they have to take instruction from their own heart.

1 Like

Well, that is strange. I have 3 p.m.'s in my box. Strangely enough, about you. So I will check my settings.

1 Like