What is your religion and why?

This is a topic of religion. As a Christian I like to discuss religions. We all know there are many religions out there and denominations of Christianity. So I like to learn about other people’s religion and why they believe what they do. This is not a threat to change anybody’s mind. this is just a thread to open up people’s minds so we can understand each other.

I am a non denomination Christian. Through the blood of Christ is the only way to heaven. God is the almighty creator of heaven and Earth. we are his children. I am a historian believer, which means I do not believe in a seven-year tribulation. I believe Revelations has been being fulfilled through years and we are getting close to the final seals. I am not a trinitarian for I believe the father, son and the holy ghost are all one. I do not believe we should swear on anyone or anything. And I truly believe that we should love thy neighbor and pray for those who oppose God.

So now you know a little bit about me, tell me a little bit about you and your beliefs.

18 Likes

I belong to a non denominational multi-cultural Christian church. I have been a member of New Life Church since 2011. I love my church because we have members from all walks of life, different nationalities, different races. We have life groups and we also have some of the best prayer warriors on the planet. I volunteer in the Security ministry and youth ministry. Most importantly I was water baptized on July 24th,2017 on my birthday. I accepted the lord when I met my wife in 2005. She started talking to me about JESUS. I always believed in God I was raised catholic, different beliefs but my grandmother had a picture of Jesus in the apartment. Anyways I love the lord and my mission in life is to spread the good word and make disciples. I just want to hear those words on judgement day, Welcome home my good and faithful servant.

23 Likes

Amen brother. Thank you for your post. I knew you’d be the first person to comment. In fact I told my wife when I posted “come on @Johnnyq60 don’t let me down” lol

8 Likes

Enjoyed reading very much.

Thank you!

7 Likes

Born Again Christian here. A believer in our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. It is by grace alone we are saved. God bless and protect you all.

18 Likes

We all know that each of us have a body, soul and spirit. God made us in his image. We have free will to love God and praise his name, I do not call myself a Christian but, I believe in Christ being the son of God. I believe there is only one God. I believe that baptism is showing obedience to God. I believe when we pray, we pray to the father in the name of Jesus Christ. How you perceive the Bible is the same way people perceive any information, the way you understand it. I can only do my best to understand that which I have not seen but only heard of. I have seen lives changed and actual miracles that I could not explain. By seeing the great things that have been done it is all hard not to believe. I just wish others could see what i have seen and believe.
My Dad and my brother have touched many, many peoples lives through Christ. I could only wish that through my life I have the chance to let God shine through my life.

21 Likes

I believe you just did brother!

14 Likes

That’s awesome. Amen

9 Likes

I’ll be a little surprised if they let this thread be here long, but I will say that I love how in Christ we truly are brothers and sisters, the family of all families extending throughout the ages. It’s easy to be colorblind when you know from where our acceptance and justification comes, and how anyone God made can have it if they wish, just by accepting the gift of it. To me that is as inclusive as it gets!

I struggled, doubted, questioned, battled, but the more I learned of what God said in his word, ( What his word actually said, not what I was told it said ) the more I realized how true it was, how and why it was right, saw how it would actually work. It’s been a hard road through so many of the big questions people have, even all the religions and denominations, but, one day I noticed how the spirit is the same spirit in whom ever you meet who has the spirit. How ever they got the holy spirit, and by what ever name was on the door, It was the same, so I worry much less about that now than I did. Even for someone who loved and enjoyed science, there are no conflicts when you know what God actually says by reading it for your self his way.

11 Likes

In the essentials unity, in the non essentials latitude. - when I went looking for the essentials there were but a few I could identify, Christ and what he did, accepting the gift, forgiving as we were forgiven, and judge not lest you be judged. Imagine if people knew the truth of those things instead of the stereo type of christian belief put out there now. The last things we are to do, the things that come with the biggest warnings, are to judge others or be unforgiving! but you would not think that from how it’s portrayed!

9 Likes

Thank you for your post. The gift of God is great the more we allow into our lives the more we see our lives change for the good.

8 Likes

I am getting up there in age and you probably would think I’d have a definitive answer on my faith by now. I was born and raised Roman Catholic but lost my faith soon after college.

I was always into science and engineering (lifelong software engineer) and became very skeptical of anyone sure that they had the absolute truth, including militant atheists. I have worked side-by-side with people of the Hindu, Islam, Shinto, Jewish, and Christian faiths throughout my career. Worked with a Moslim software engineer up in Toronto during Sep 2001. He was very apologetic about what happened in NY, and was a great guy and family man.

In a nutshell I have never belittled people because of their beliefs. And I hope they are respectful of mine, and what amounts to my endless searching. I am still a Christian. Overall I am thankful to live in a country where we can talk openly about such things, value the freedom to do so, and acknowledge the effort and sacrifice it takes to defend and keep it.

10 Likes

That is a great life testament. Thank you.

5 Likes

My parents are devout Christians, but I am not religious. When I was young, we had a bad experience with the church my parents had long been members of. That experience took my parents a long time to recover from, but I never did. There was hate for a long time, but hate faded to indifference. While I know all Christians are not that way, I will probably not go to church again. I have no problem with anyone religious, or any religion, and have many friends that are. Just not my thing any more.

10 Likes

To quote a radio/online ministry slogan, I am

“the wretch the song refers to.”

Ephesians 2:8-9 defines who I am.

10 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Levi2. Unfortunately there are some bad examples of churches out there. My wife’s family church where her father was a preacher. Still is a preacher. They had a good size church at one point and people decided they wanted to be powerful in that church and lead people to stray and it came to split and then years later it happens again to the same church it’s sad but it does happen.

I’m sorry to hear that broke your faith. I do not go to church. My wife and I read the Bible together. I pray and build my relationship with God on my own. Maybe that’s something you could think about.

7 Likes

There is no reason to antagonize and be rude. Let them believe what they want to believe.

7 Likes

May I politely suggest that your relationship with God is your personal relationship, Embrace God, let him in your life. After all, It is your relationship with God that matters and not the faults of others. I hope this will help you and not piss you off. Not trying to conform you but give you a little support.

13 Likes

That is what America is all about, the freedom to believe the way you want to without ridicule and harassment. I have had deep conversations with many people with other beliefs and I find it interesting to hear their view point. To them and me it is way more than what I have read but, the lives changed for the better, families united, finding kindness and humanity to others that are in need. I hope the best for you and I do not even know you! Thank you for your statement though, I like the " Why is this important to you!"

9 Likes

This post is off topic for the Community, however we do allow some off topic conversation. If you all can keep on the same topic and be respectful, this post can stay open.

Please remember the tenants of most religions are about love and respect. (See, even my caution is on topic! :wink: ) No need for bashing others people’s beliefs. No hate in this thread please.

20 Likes