What is your religion and why?

From my own experience, I believe that’s why there is so much division and so many denominations of “Christian”. When people start off with a personal belief and then start combing through the Bible for something to justify that belief, they end up cherry picking verses and taking them out of context. Every verse should be read within the context of the entire Bible. We should view it as God speaking to us, not us trying to put our own words into God’s mouth, trying to convince ourselves that we were right about something. …or worse, trying to prove to others that we were right about something.

That’s my 2¢ based on the many experiences I’ve had, being told I’m not a true Christian or even that I’m going to hell because _____ (insert verse here). Humans have a tendency to fight really hard to be right, to win an argument, even when the truth is slapping them in the face.

3 Likes

How do you know that? Did god come down and tell you? Jesus said to be prepared to give an answer for why you believe. This is still the US and I can talk to whoever I want and I can chose who I want to be around. . The same is true for you. Who died and made you king of the world to decide what I am to believe and who I can talk to? Your reply expressly shows you have anger issues. Try forgiving ppl since it frees you from hate that’s holding you captive.

The last I looked the Constitution says Freedom of Religion, not freedom from religion.

1 Like

You are funny, so you can’t take the “loving” criticism that you seem to be prepared to dish out.

See, I am self aware enough in my thoughts to acknowledge that I have no more right to chide you, than you have to chide @Mike164.

Grow in grace. :rofl::joy:

:sauropod::t_rex::sauropod::t_rex: (RAWR Dinosaurs)

2 Likes

Try doing some self evaluation. You tell me to grow in grace and then call me a dinosaur. Yes, very much a dinosaur as I believe as Christians have for 2k years, Jesus is the only way. If that offends you; that’s your right and too bad.

PS Christians have also taught that we are to love the person and not the sin. Why is that so hard to comprehend.

1 Like

You are ignorant, and far to overinflated with your own sense of importance. I am not calling you a dinosaur. I am signing off on a comment I have made. I have used dinosaurs as my sign off thought before.

Get Over Your Self. Now see, that is directed at you.

Grow in Grace.

:sauropod::t_rex::sauropod::t_rex: (RAWR Dinosaurs)

2 Likes

Well, I’m going to apply one of my rules to you: never argue with a pig. You both get dirty and besides the pig likes it. Later oinker….

1 Like

Oh sweety, did I hurt your feelings? I’m truly crushed. Did you not like the loving criticism?

Nope, I guess I am not crushed. You keep on doing you BooBoo

Bye cuppycake.

FYI: I engaged with you by not criticizing you with base language. Here and in our P.M. exchange you have decided to call names rather than debate the merits of your argument civilly.

Thus i do not feel constrained to engage with you civilly. Sorry for the edits I am carrying on multiple threads of debates.

1 Like

I jump through most all post. What I did read was intersting for sureand well stated with respect to all. Until the end, wow.

My faith went over a cliff a decade back. Serving in a mens ministry and active member of a non denomination fora few decades I had enough with the western cultural church. Trained in apologetics, studying to be a pastor lets say ■■■■ happend that made me walk for about a decade.
I never lost my connection in Christ, my faith and trust never waivered, the doctrine of man was full of crap.

Today, I still cannot go to church. I still have resentment toward the weatern culteral church. However, in this journey I found a deeper faith in Christ a deeper love for the Father and a deeper spirtuality not taught at least in the training I had. I pray, read the holy scriptures serve a Living King. I have seen pastors who I admired fall from grace, pastores who are as phony as a 9$ bill and pastors whose burdon is so deep and real. I accepted Christ at 21 as a burnt out wasted human being, I was redeemed on Easter Sunday many years ago. I am 65 now. Christ changed me, Christ restored me and Christ is my Lord and Savior.
Its man who is mucked up

4 Likes

I was put here to be judge for my works,Not judge others. I have found that putting out postive energy brings the very same back to me. Have the very best of days :us:

3 Likes

Made me think of this

1 Like

Amen and AMAN :100::feather::feather:

I was raised Catholic but do not identify with any religion because I feel that would limit me to a certain set of beliefs which I do not agree with because they are against the bible. I believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I believe the only person people have interacted with in the Bible is Jesus or the Holy Spirit when the Spirit of God dwells in us. I believe we all go through life and have been chosen from eternity by the Father and no one has seen the Father. I believe we do not make a choice to believe and obey but are drawn to the Father by his will alone and are just along for the ride. I believe the your works are proof of your faith. (ie Abraham could not be faithful if he just believed with no action by taking his son to the altar, Moses could not part the sea without raising his staff, etc…) I do not believe in a hell where you burn for eternity and live forever because only those that go into Zion and eat from the tree of life live forever. I believe that certain people will be raised during the millennial kingdom to actually have a chance to live under a just and good government and will then be tested by Satan once he is loose and those that do not believe will attack Zion and will be destroyed by the second death in the lake of fire along with Satan, his angels, false religions, false governments, death and hell. I believe the second death is permanent and the father will blot you out of the book of life or forget you, meaning you never existed. Just like he can blot out your transgressions.

That is a little about what I believe based on how much I know God so far. I am also humble enough to know I do not know everything and can change because God’s knowledge is vast.

Blessing from the Father to everyone on this thread.

5 Likes

Amen, Bro, we ARE the Church, the glorious Body of Christ! Galatians 2:20 and Ephesians 2:8&9 = John 17. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you are a lover of the Lord Jesus, then you ARE the Church, a wonderful lively stone in the Body of Christ. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

[Revelation 6:12]

I looked when He broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood;

Now we know how it will happen. Also brings up the question: are we in the tribulation? If not we are close.

2 Likes

What I learned about this was two fold, one was, that just because God knows how the whole movie will play out, it does not mean he violates the free will he gave you to choose. So, he may call you, but you still have to answer. He may have chosen you, but you still have to say yes to being adopted into his family.

One reason people say no, is because being adopted means you are choosing to be subject to an authority who may have rules. We may think we avoid that by rejecting God, but in truth everyone is ruled by something, its only a matter of what that is going to be.

The other is that everybody likes to focus on how we are not able to change certain things about ourselves without God, God has to do it or make us able, but again, we still have to do our part.

Someone can offer me a ride to a place I could never get too on my own, the walk would be much too far, but I still have to accept the ride, get in the car, and stay in the car until we get to the destination.

God can send a boat to rescue you as you sit on your rooftop just inches above the flood waters, but you still have to accept the offer, and get in the boat! He won’t force you if you want to stay where you are and wait for some other solution you like better.

7 Likes

I believe we have the right to believe in any religion or not because we are Americans of the United States of America. We are free and if we don’t exercise our religious freedom we will lose it.
I believe God, Jesus Christ, Buddha, science, etc., are different ways of saying the same thing.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aCNkPpq1giU

1 Like

We can believe in whatever and whoever we want to. It is “right and just” as long as you keep faith in this believing.
Make sure you are able to sacrifice even a small part of yourself to prove this believing makes any good for you, your Family, friends and neighbors.
Is it really important how to name your religion? Not exactly. You do what you believe is good and correct.

I remember my elementary school times, when I was told two different things:

• God created a Man
  • Human evolved from the ape

So… am I a God’s creation or just a smart ape with 23 pairs of chromosomes ? :thinking:
To be honest … I don’t care. I think I’m an ape converted to human by the holy touch of God’s finger (perhaps trigger finger?).

Whoever I am, whatever I believe in… I’m trying to be a good Man, Father, Husband, Son, Brother, Cousin, Friend, Neighbor… just a person who can be trusted and loved by others.
That’s my religion.

4 Likes

2 Likes

That should be the goal of every person :+1:

5 Likes