What is your religion and why?

Hello Mr @Kung. Yes we have been able to talk religion. We’ve had a couple small issues but we talked them out. That’s the hole point is to understand each other. Besides were all human so we have that in common. We start here by understanding what people believe, whether some people believe it’s controversial or not.

We can’t be afraid to talk to each other about controversial subjects because if we do then guess what, we end up where we are right now. Riots and protests are all from being divided by not understanding each other.

4 Likes

Oh believe me, I agree with you 100% - and in all honesty, it’s stuff like this that confirmed (among many other things) that the money spent on my USCCA membership is very well spent. It speaks well of the caliber (see what I did there, heh) of person that frequents this site. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Justin. And Greetings in the name of Jesus the king. I Am a 60 yr old dude who leaves his comfort zone and hits the streets. I use my puppie Rottweiler as a conversation piece. He is a magnet at 7 months he is an impressive 90+lbs. We need to talk to everyone we meet. Just start a simple conversation and the Holy Spirit will give you wisdom and words to say.
My Church has about 50 members, and we love each other deeply. We spread the word of Christ by simply walking the streets while loving everyone we meet. We also have a prison ministry. Blessings brother. Jesus is coming soon! Get out of your comfort zone K

5 Likes

God bless you!

4 Likes

Seeing as this thread hasn’t gone off the rails yet, I will throw mine in the ring. My fathers family is made up of “Catholic lite.” However, my mother insisted on my going to her churches, that was predominantly pentecostal churches made up of Four Square and Assembly of God. I went to associated parochial schools.

As an adult, I look back and see how willing the pastors and teachers were to backpedal away from many points of doctrine that they were associated with. In all, they were pretty moderate.

Moving forward, I married a Mormon, she still is Mormon. I tried, but I just didn’t belong there. I went through a long period where I generally went to Mosque. There I saw Mormon missionaries welcomed (some came visit to see an Islamic service, I can understand that; the mission is an important part of the growth of many young Mormons). At the same time (well, not the same Friday) I saw radical Islamist types shown the door.

Wher I am there is no active Masjid, so I go to Catholic Mass. For that matter, I am taking a series of courses sponsored by the local Diocese that lead to a Masters in Catholic Pastoral Ministry (for my work, I need to be constantly taking college courses, so this works well for me). I was quite honest about my background with the priest and that didn’t bother him at all.

So, what is my religion, well, I tend to mumble a bit and then change the subject.

3 Likes

for me… where is G-D? tells me here…

NIV Ephesians 4th chapter 6th verse… one G-D and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

thought… taking what is said here… and looking at the fairly recent theory of dark matter…

seems to me if we could actually see G-D we would not be able to see anything else…???

G-D is between every atom and reach’s further then we can see in any direction???

just some thoughts…YMMV?

odd thing… when I was trying to remember the actual verse I immediately for some reason thought of Isaiah and Jeremiah…

not sure if it means anything mind you…

Isaiah 4:6 6 It will be a shelter and shade from the heat of the day, and a refuge and hiding place from the storm and rain.

Jeremiah 4:6 Set up the standard toward Zion: retire, stay not: for I will bring evil from the north, and a great destruction.

2 Likes

Christian Cradle to the grave. Born Christian, Reborn Christian. Dont think there was choice. I am what I am

3 Likes

I think the whole point of salvation in Christ is that there is always a choice.

4 Likes

I agree with @OldGnome. We are born with freewill. So it is a choice.

If we only believe in Christ because you don’t think you have a choice, that builds resentment and God wouldn’t want that.

The greatest gift that God gave us was free will.

3 Likes

Well, second greatest. I think salvation is the greatest. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ok you got me there!! I agree.

4 Likes

I enjoy learning about religions as a way to learn more about people and culture. I can listen for hours to someone teaching me about their religion. But I don’t talk about my religion, anymore. All too often, people don’t want to really hear what I believe. Almost invariably, they want to tell me what they think I believe, and then tell me why I’m wrong. It gets exhausting.

5 Likes

@Ouade5 as you can see this is a place to learn about each other and your beliefs. to get a better understanding of each other. If you look through the transcript from top to bottom, you’ll see that no one is trying to push beliefs upon each other.

In fact if I remember correctly, I believe @John512 is a jew that goes to hey Christian Church. Btw Sorry @John512 for never finishing our conversation. I got really busy and just forgot plane forgot.

So as I was saying @Ouade5 you don’t have to worry about people criticizing your beliefs here.

3 Likes

Yes, you are correct. I live WAY out in the middle of nowhere so no synagogues near by. I keep my belief and they theirs and we all respect, discuss and learn from each other. I will say I prefer not to go inside the church, so I zoom the services. I am interested to learn about their beliefs.
On Monday nights there is a bible study across the street from the church in an old school house that was donated to the church (both the church and school were built around 1848). I do go there every Monday and we have some excellent discussions. It is fun to compare my Tanach to their latter translations of the Old Testament. Speaking of the Tanach, anyone interested in getting a copy of the Old Testament as originally written should check out the Art Scroll Stone Edition-English.
When I first started attending a year ago the pastor made one effort to convert me. I am very dedicated and founded in my beliefs. After that one effort it has never come up again. I respect that.

4 Likes

I meant lack of choice in a good way.

4 Likes

Fair enough. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I guess what I meant, Its not difficult for me to be .

3 Likes

The greatest gift GOD gave us was his son the Lord Jesus Christ. But I know what your sayin. Free will comes thru our election to live free or die by sin. K Blessings

6 Likes

Totally agree with the “Free Will” part. Hashem gave us the rules/laws. He also gave us Choice/Free WIll. Choose wisely!

1 Like

WHY are the Jews/Israel so hated?

I see no other people on earth so considerate of life and well being of all people as the Jews and Israel are. Israel extends help/welfare even to the people of the nations that want to destroy it. Where does all this hate come form? Why are governments so critical and demanding of a generous people just trying to survive?

I dont understand and it really hurts me personally spiritually and emotionally to see so many nations lying and instigating against such a wholesome people.

6 Likes