What is your “medicine cabinet” gun?

You have a house gun, a truck gun, an EDC gun, a nightstand gun. So, what is your medicine cabinet/bathroom gun?
Have fun.

5 Likes

All of 'em. No matter which one I shoot, it cures what was ailing me.
C’mon tomorrow…

4 Likes

I keep a S&W .380 above the medicine cabinet.

3 Likes

I made a double thick bathroom cabinet, with the mirror door closed all I have to do is too push a release catch and the whole cabinet will swing open and there is my Browning 9mm high power ready for what ever cause me to pull it out. This is only one of ten places I have worked for concealment. The best non-firearm self defense item is a cast iron frying pan the is painted with a western picture at the front door its a 18 in and weights about 14 lbs and a great clubbing weapon for those who try to kick the door in. Those of you that have steel guns you might want to try fasting a big magnet to the underside of a table or a thick vcr case a gun like a ruger sp101 will fit in it just find if you have a computer with a printer you can pint a movie title that would let you know this is the one, like Guns of Navarro. These are just suggestions some of them works for me.

3 Likes

I might be the outlier here, and while I wear my EDC daily, and certainly on outings away from home, truth be told, if I actually lived in an area where I thought I needed weapons staged all over my house, I’d move.

3 Likes

Same, plus how can I have a medicine cabinet if I don’t have any medicine :laughing:? Now, my vitamin and supplements cabinet could hold an M14.

3 Likes

Whatever I am carrying that day (usually a Glock 43x or Glock 19) goes everywhere with me, including into the bathroom when I take a shower. It might sound crazy to some but I can’t think of a much more vulnerable situation than when you are in the shower. I like to live by the mindset “if you stay ready, you don’t have to get ready”. I know it is strange for some to think about carrying in your own home but I would challenge that way of thinking with a simple question that I encourage you to ask yourself all throughout your home, would you be prepared if someone kicked in your door right now? I would be willing to bet that anyone who has ever been victim to a home invasion or break-in did not wake up that morning thinking it would happen. We don’t get to choose the time or place, all we can do is be prepared.

4 Likes

I look at the fact that in my town, there’s been 2 break ins in 26 years, resulting in a 15 year old getting into his parents house, and a dead drug dealer. I keep track of crime in the area, so the sheds and vehicles do get locked lately, but my daily walkabouts generally have me carrying more for bear or coyote (came across a rabid coyote one day that was a bit spooky, and a stare down with a roughly 400 pound black bear that actually was freaking awesome) than people.

1 Like

It shoots Chili con carne :rofl:

3 Likes

SP-101 .357 Magnum.

Stay safe out there.

2 Likes

You need some peanuts, roughage…

1 Like

MC#1 Walther P22
MC#2 (different bathroom) Ruger Charger
of course, this is only imagination; I lost all my firearms in a dreadful boating accident sometime last year - or was it the year before?

2 Likes

I hope you all don’t get me wrong I do carry my EDC every where except in the shower but its just by the sliding door on a hook, I do live in a pretty safe neighborhood but we have had some break-in’s so that’s why I stage conceal weapons around just in case my carry runs out I will have others ready to help me defend my family and our house. But that the way I am do to what I have experienced in my like, it’s good to be ready than not be and may lost my life or my family’s life.

4 Likes

@George19 I find nothing wrong with your personal safety practices. Safe neighborhood or not, crime can happen anywhere at any time of the night or day. To defend ourselves, we have to be correct 100% of the time.

Criminals only have to “get it right” once.

Stay safe, don’t forget to wash behind your ears!

3 Likes

Such an important topic here! I think a lot of people can move into condition white when they get home thinking that home = safety. I will admit that I can be guilty of this more than I realize. I don’t have a bathroom gun except for when I have my daily carry gun with me, but usually, I don’t have my carry gun on me later in the evening and early morning before work.

For those of you who do, where do you keep it that is also secure from kids/those you don’t want to have access to it?

1 Like

Secured in a location by the front door. Readily accessible in case a door gets kicked in while I’m answering it.

Stay safe.

2 Likes

XDs .45, in arm’s reach of my shitter.

2 Likes

.38 Spcl. revolver couch gun. I cover it with a towel when showering. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ruger LCP, can fit almost anywhere.

2 Likes

5 Likes