What is this gun

Can anyone tell me what this firearm is?

It’s a picture from an article about the Russia vs Ukraine anticipated war.

3 Likes

AK variant. Probably from former Soviet block country.

6 Likes

Agreed. Looks somewhat similar to my AK-V…which I love. It is a tank!

5 Likes

The first attack won’t be with AKs, though. It’ll be with keyboards.

10 Likes

Agree it looks like an AK 47 platform.

3 Likes

Looks like AK-103 or possibly AK-74M with modified stock.

9 Likes

It’s a regular old AK with a side folding adapter to use AR 15 stocks. You can see the hinge in the picture.

Cheers,

Craig6

8 Likes

Are you supposed to hold it like that!? I just saw an interview from shot show about how an AK 47 manufacturing company out of the US has been making an AK that shoots 556 for the over seas customers. Wonder what that things spitting out. The guy said they’d be available for the US market soon if not already. I’m an AR guy myself.

4 Likes

If it is AKM, as @Craig6 believes, then 5.45x39

5 Likes

Looks like a gun I need in my safe! I’d love to get one of these 556 AKs that have been releasing recently.

3 Likes

Whatever works to make it steady. If I’m shooting my AK from a bag or table I often rest the mag on the surface and grip it like that.

5 Likes

Wot is dis gun comrade?

Vladimir-Putin-Sergei-Shoigu-gun-ap-640x480

5 Likes

Anxious trigger finger…

5 Likes

Vlado’s always ready…

2 Likes

Mental note to always stand or approach from his right.

5 Likes

First thing I noticed… along with there being a magazine attached. Yikes.

3 Likes

The first thing I noticed was the US Optics scope sitting on top with a right side M-40 windage knob which is ITAR restricted from export.

Cheers,

Craig6

6 Likes

Gift’s from Afghanistan. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Doubt it, it would be beyond the pale if Putin touched something like that in his hands for the cameras.

3 Likes

Looks like one of the 100 series AK variants. Notice the pic rail on the action cover. the cover is hinged to the rear sight base. There is a USA adapter to convert standard AK’s to the pic rail cover.

2 Likes