AK 762.39 Mag won’t fit

I’m a rookie and learning when it comes to modifying gun accessories. I Just ordered a magazine from Kalashinkov USA. The magazine is too wide on top, & does not fit into my AK where the clip is supposed to go. Does anyone know if modifying the magazine is optional, and if so, how? Or am I better off sending it back? Thank you for your time.

3 Likes

New mag. Send it back. If you cut it you own it.

It could be the pic but that mag looks really FAT I’m not sure a 7.62x39 would stay under the feed lips. AK mag wells are pretty much universal in size but there are shotgun variants as well as 7.62x54R. If it doesn’t fit send it back it’s not for your platform.

Cheers,

Craig6

7 Likes

Agree with Craig, not for 7.62x39. :us:

2 Likes

Gotcha, thank you for your time.

Their website did have shotgun options. I ordered the 762x39 option, and the bullet fits in their snug. It may look fat, especially near the bottom because it holds 60 rounds.

2 Likes

Interesting. I’m not familiar with that company but I am pretty familiar with the AK platform. Can you show where it doesn’t fit? Mebby side to side with one that does? The hole in the bottom of an AK is a one size fits all kind of deal. Not sure of the significance of “Quad” on the label. Something is not right. I have Polish, Russian, Bulgarian and Chinese AK mags from 1967 to 1999 and none of them look like that, again it may be the angle / distance of the pic but the proportions are off. Is it one of the 5.45X??? variants. MFG’s will change the mag well to make it so that one particular rounds mags will not fit in a different chambered rifle.

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

I to agree with my brothers, send it back. Carpenter by trade and our saying is, right tool for the job.

3 Likes

What do you need 60 rounds for? Going deer hunting? Lol anyway what’s with the quad listing? Return it. Be more careful next time…

3 Likes

Definitely send it back and try calling them because they may be making this same mistake with other customers.

2 Likes

Return it to Kalashnikov.

2 Likes

You ain’t hit it hard enough, grab a hammer coax that thing in.

3 Likes

Beat to fit,
Caulk to fill,
Paint to match!

Oh wait, that’s carpentry. :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes