What is the best carry gun?

Thats what I’m talking about brother @Dwight13 I got mine courtesy of USCCA gun of the month winner.

2 Likes

Congratulations to you.

2 Likes

Yes I’m pretty satisfied with it just be glad when you come out with more magazines

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Steven251 and God bless you.

1 Like

Very nice of you to bless your son! BTW now is a good time to shop for 1911s. Lots of really great ones being dumped cheap by folks to buy Glocks and M&Ps. Many are “grandpa’s old gun but I want to “upgrade” to something modern” craziness.

3 Likes

9mm S&W Shield Plus…

2 Likes

I love my 1911s. Grip safety, thumb safety, nice crisp trigger… But a couple of them did force me to learn in detail how they function and what causes various malfunctions. They all work great now. But I won’t carry or stage a handgun next to my bedside until I’ve put a few thousands rounds through it without issues, including a couple hundred rounds of whichever JHPs I plan on using. Speer GDHP work great in my 1911s, but none of them like Rem Golden Saber. Fortunately my Sig likes 'em just fine so they won’t got to waste.

3 Likes

It really is all about comfort isn’t it Jim. I always have a very special place in my heart for old slab-sides. I worked really hard and spent plenty of money and time with return trips to the gunsmith trying to make my 1911’s work for me as everyday carry.

I was never a “plastic gun” guy. My next carry gun after finally giving up on regularly carrying my 1911’s? A Glock 30SF!

Oh, I still have my beloved Colt Commander. I don’t think that I will ever part with it. Along with another Officer’s model, it made trips back to Colt for reliability. But neither ever passed muster with me to trust them again. So, it’s a revolver or a G19 or the Sig 365.

The people that I interface with as new shooters always ask the marquis (to this thread) question: “What is the best carry gun?”

And my answer born from personal experience will always be, the gun that YOU feel comfortable carrying and have the most confidence in. Be that a Derringer or a Desert Eagle.

Stay safe out there Jim.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Nelson22 and you are in the right place at the right time. BTW good choice of firearm.

1 Like

Glock 19 Gen 5

2 Likes

Happy Anniversary @Frank73!

2 Likes

Happy anniversary @Frank73 :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

I can’t carry in my State, but this was a good read.

3 Likes

Any 1911 would be a good choice, while I have “only one firearm”, I have gravitated to the Rock Island 22TCM/9mm. Low recoil, accurate, dependable and Double Stack. Same 1911 feel and natural aim, just a whole lot more rounds. fits the same holsters. Carried as a 9mm, but the 22TCM is a cool, little to no recoil, same foot pounds as the 9mm, leaves the barrel sounding like a 44 magnum, with a ball of fire at close to 2100 fps. With the iron sights, it can ground hog at 80 yards, dead on hold. But I haven’t had the opportunity to try the 10mm.

Welcome to the USCCA.

3 Likes

MY EDC is usually a Walther BUT I also switch up and carry my sig p365 sas. Ok, I prefer the walther.The gun doesn’t really matter it’s the skill needed when in condition red that counts. Both carry good and I always have a kydex holster.

3 Likes

I’m a fan of rock island products. Have a buddy with a rock 1911 45acp. Good shooter. Heard good things about 22tcm

3 Likes

Try the Glock 29

2 Likes

Have tried the 29. Only issue is same as the 20. Grip is fat

2 Likes

First… Welcome Steven, glad you’re on board. As with any firearm you use as your EDC… most important is the comfort level you feel and the confidence you have shooting it… and of course your accuracy- without that, all the comfort in the world is meaningless. Have a great 2021!

2 Likes