What is the best carry gun?

Welcome to the family brother @Bill100 and you are blessed to be here.

2 Likes

Thank you for the welcome sir

1 Like

I am old and any encounter will probably be up close and very personal so my main carry gun is a Ruger LCR with 38 spl wadcutters. It is a get off me gun. It wont go out of battery if I have to shove it against an adversary. The wadcutters are low recoil, accurate and very controllable in a 16 oz gun.
For backup or deep concealment I have a Keltec P32. The 380 in a similar size firearm is not as controllable and I value controllability and shot placement over power. If the LCP2 was available in 32acp I would buy one.
I avoid risky places but if I feel the necessity to carry more capacity it will be my Hellcat with standard power115 grain JHP. I can control it very well.

4 Likes

The SR9C was my first EDC & I love it. Now I carry a Ruger Security 9 Pro.

2 Likes

I would love one of those too!!! Almost had that exact gun custom built about 6 years ago but project went on back burner. Might have to revive it! Thanks for reminding me.

1 Like

If you make one, please keep me updated. Have a glock 20, but grip is too thick for me. Custom made is out of my price range.

2 Likes

Ruger SR9c, comfortable to carry, I use a crossbreed holster (MicroClip IWB Holster), small enough 6 1/2". 10/17 round magazine. Easy to shoot, comfortable to hold.

2 Likes

As others have said, the best EDC is the one you can comfortably carry and you can hit your target. I like any S&W J frame and my Labrador Retriever. Both always go bang/bark and I never leave home without either one.

5 Likes

The single most important factor above all others is reliability. Reliability is non-negotiable.

Testing and maintaining reliability requires taking the EDC pistol out and shooting it regularly with the carry ammo to make sure it and you will shoot that ammo reliably and accurately, cleaning it, rotating ammo, and staying proficient.

Second is will it be carried and conceal well enough not to attract attention?

Third, bring the most firepower you can to the fight. There is never too much firepower.

If you knew you would be in a gunfight two seconds from now and had a magic wand to have any pistol in your hand going into that fight in two seconds, what would you choose? Carry that.

fwiw - I carry a full size Les Baer 1911 in .45 with a spare mag. Double stacks print too much with my body shape and dress style as I wear a dress shirt tucked in most of the time. It is the biggest gun I can carry that conceals well enough and which is utterly reliable after many 1,000’s of rounds of practice and testing. This pistol saved my life in an attempted carjacking. When someone is about to commit violence upon you is not the moment when one thinks, “I’m so glad I got the cheapest and smallest pistol I could.” I promise I was not sitting there thinking that gun was too expensive, too heavy, or too big.

CHOOSE AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR GUN LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT, SOMEDAY IT MAY.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

I’ve carried either a Glock 23 or 19 for over 20 years. I’d like to get a newer gun, but I’ve added all the necessary upgrades to these, so why bother?

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

S&W 642 revolver. Very light, small, unobtrusive. No hammer to snag. .38+P hollow points. If I need it, it’s because I’m in imminent danger, so I don’t need to pick-off something at 15 yards. If there’s a misfire, just pull the trigger again.

3 Likes

The best firearm you can shoot without thinking about it I have many pistols the one I carry is the weapon I fire the best when you spend time at a range the weapon I fire best is my carry weapon it fits my hand after 500 to 1000 rounds I feel safe I draw my weapon I fire without thinking I might better tell you I grew up going to a range are land shooting with marines police department brothers so go to a range practice as often as you can if you get into position where you will need to pull your firearm thinking about it in my experience will get you are a love one hurt good luck

1 Like

Smith & Wesson plus is nice pistol they just came out with nice trigger a great feels good in your hand they added more capacity and I have a 13 and a 10 magazine not a whole lot of recoil Smith & Wesson quality

3 Likes

My daily carry for 7 years was a Walther PPQ m1. I now carry rhe PDP subcompact 4". Best trigger, amazing accuracy and no issues what so ever.

2 Likes

The best carry is the gun you are proficient with, clean regularly(whether fired or not), and that you have a good/safe holster for.
My preference is my G19 with HyveTech trigger kit, ghost bar/springs, Tru glo tritium, a match grade barrel and talon grips. I can run it fast and accurately. I shoot it all the time so it’s like an extension of me, and running Hornady custom monster rounds, it will stop a threat.
When I have to go into chiraq, my shield 9 also tags along…just in case.

3 Likes

My Sig 365 has good capacity-10-12 rounds in Mag, it shoots easy and accurately, has great sights and is very easy to conceal. I also own a Glock 19, gen4, which is also an awesome firearm. Bigger and holds more rounds than the Sig365, shoots and shoots and shoots, very accurate, factory sights are not as versatile as the nite-high visibility sites on the Sig365, but are easily added. The Glock19 is considerably heavier, has a longer barrel, and is somewhat harder to conceal. But it’s an awesome, dependable firearm- one of the very best I’ve ever owned. I have not owned the Hellcat nor test fired one yet. But I also totally agree with the statement the best gun is the one you’re comfortable with and will shoot and shoot accurately.

3 Likes

I personally like the Staccato C as my EDC shoots flat low recoil in a small package .I have no knowledge of the Hellcat Shot a Sig 365 and G43 did not like either .

3 Likes

@Steven251 welcome to the Community.
I’m glad to see more 2011 carriers. :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes