What is an Assault Rifle

And a term that smart people should immediately stop using.

4 Likes

How far it is to amazing?

I once asked my state delegate: Since you claim that AR-15s are weapons of war, name one country that issues them to its soldiers. Silence.

My next question received the same reply. What type of handgun should law-abiding citizens own?

4 Likes

If the AR in AR-15 continues to be associated with “assault rifle” then the LE on my Camry stands for “Law Enforcement”. Do you know why I pulled you over? I have a Camry “LE”

License and registration, please!

6 Likes

A……t rifle the n word of the 2a folks

3 Likes

“Assault rifle” is indeed a political term.
“Assault weapon” the term itself is “scary” to the uninformed. I don’t recall hearing the term much until Clinton was in office in the early 90’s when the “assault weapon” ban was being talked to death…it was used extensively to justify the murders of almost 86 American men, women and children in Waco, By a sitting president…that they had hundreds of guns and millions of round of ammo stashed."
Like “Assault the Capitol” sounds so much more engaging than “peaceful protest”.
The AR15 has taken the place of the AK47 in the “dire warnings” of mass bloodshed by “assault weapons”.
The word “assault” has lost it’s meaning; it is “propaganda”, designed to stir up and terrify the uniformed…to stay in office by pushing ignorance.
The “far to amazing”? How easy, accurate and ready the AR is. :hugs:

2 Likes

In all fairness, I try to call mine firearms every time. Not guns. Not weapons. Certainly not assault anything. I may call them a tool if I’m talking to one…

3 Likes

I call mine guns, or rifles, semi’s etc. But the word gun when I started with them was just “gun”. There was no connotation to the word other than just gun. “Firearms are the liberty’s teeth.” George Washington. When the Red coats came to town to route the new world settlers their first target was the armory. They didn’t count on the Minute Men or ambushes. They actually were literally sitting targets in their bright red coats and big hats.
“Tyrants from the dawn of time have been sensitive to firearms in the hands of the people”
Call them what you may, gun, firearm, semi-auto, revolver; they are what has kept this nation, so far, from flat out tyranny. Unfortunately the propaganda, bought and paid for media and worst of all “schools” pushing the “gun violence”… lie. Guns are incapable of independent action…but sadly the majority don’t even have the independent brain cells to figure it out.
The NRA had their Eddy Eagle program in schools all across the nation. Kids brought their rifles to class, stored them in an other room and did shooting practice after school. When I first moved to my mountain town there were rifles in every truck…no more. The propagandists are winning by the sheer number of uniformed, uneducated adults brainwashed in “public” (see government controlled) schools and their stranglehold on the ‘media’. Some things that are major threats to our Constitutional Republic: propaganda, those unwilling to see if it’s true, apathy, brainwashing your children in government schools; Quote by Adolph Hitler: “Give me your children for 8 hours a day and they’re mine forever.”
I’ve been a certified firearms instructor for about 12 years and I have no concern about calling my guns, guns. That’s was they are. I won’t bow to “political correctness”.

2 Likes

Brad you da man tools is the operative word they are tools simply stated a more effective toll then say a slingshot

1 Like

Each to their own. I’m not one to block communication just to dig my heals in. If I do, I feel like I’ve sacrificed progress.

1 Like

Gun is a tool how this tool is used is what messes people up firearm is a gun and gun is a tool. A rifle is not a gun and a pistol is not a rifle. It’s a tool like a pneumatic nailing device ( nail gun ) it’s not a fire arm But rifle becomes a assault rifle when it’s used in the commission of a crime then tools become weapons, we can talk till we are blue in the face about how real weapons of war are not readily available to the public and you have to get put in a data base to own said weapons and that their rarity in the commission of a “armed” robbery is slim to none . Couple this with the fact that if we all lived on the other side of the planet we would have Ak 47-74 as our rifle dejour.

2 Likes

Assault Rifle - defined → The most evil thing known to man, typically assuming the form of a scary looking, portable, military instrument of death, with a malignant force that attracts the like-minded.
Even if we can ban just one, it’s worth it.

2 Likes

Sounds like a Politician.

4 Likes

To me a rifle is closer related to kitchen utensils, like grill chimney or the steak tongues. But I am food oriented.

3 Likes

I agree

This for me also. I call it what it is. Revolver, pistol, shotgun, and rifle. Or the song terms wheel gun, pistole, boom stick, and critter gitter.

3 Likes

Technically, sturmgewehr translates to “storm rifle”.

2 Likes

I have to admit dear Fred, I may not agree with the anti gun lobby; But yes, they use 11 or more rounds in a rifle as “part” of the characteristic of the term which they created - “Assault”. It’s become written into actual gun laws/codes.

1 Like

And blitzkrieg means lightning war, but I don’t recall them using actual lightning, nor the “storm” rifle using a storm. A hail of bullets maybe? :sunglasses: Literal translations don’t always work and can actually be amusing at times.

1 Like

All true. Thanks for the response.

Take care,

John

1 Like