What holster and belt do you recommend?

I have a waistband holster for my XDS 4" but no ankle holster. So I can still carry it just not as a backup.

My belt is simple and practical, walmart special, utility belt double layer, has held up to years of regular use.

It’s not one of these special top name carry specific belts, but its affordable and provides years of solid use.

1 Like

Check out dead eye carry solutions. They make a great belt that is super supportive to a load. Theyre reasonably priced and have amazing customer service.

Do you have a link for them, @Skywalker87?

1 Like

Deadeye Carry Solutions
https://www.deadeyecarry.com
I’ll be ordering another belt from them soon!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the link, @Skywalker87!

1 Like

Both my belt and holster for EDC come from Crossbred, my holster is the Super Tuck for IWB, in my research, the horsehide backed option got consistently high marks…I love it I carry all day even in Saint Louis heat and humidity, and I almost forget it’s there. I have two belts from Crossbreed one leather and one nylon web, both are designed for carrying and are suitably stiff.

I have a Vedder Lighttuck kydex IWB holster with optional claw and a gun belt from Beltman. I carry an HK VP9 without printing.

1 Like

I use Blackhawk when I open carry. It’s very comfortable, my firearm is secure and there’s no drawing disadvantages. When I CC, G-Code is a top choice. It’s a veteran owned business that makes a very good and comfortable holster. (Which to me is a win win) Whatever holster one chooses, I highly recommend staying away from straight leather. Over time leather holsters become wore down and a danger of catching the trigger. Sadly I knownof people that have chose to use leather, it caught the trigger when they were trying to holster their weapon and it discharged. Not to mention if one has an unfinished interior, the fibers tend to wear loose rather quickly and they end up in the barrel.

3 Likes

A lot of defensive tactic classes that will involve drawing and reholstering won’t allow leather or even hybrid holsters for these reasons. It’s 100% solid holster such as kydex.

3 Likes

I forgot to mention, I bought the Nextbelt from USCCA and I love it. Most comfortable one I’ve owned. It’s my everyday belt no matter if I’m carrying or not. (Due to employment restrictions) image

4 Likes

Nice Nextbelt, @2A_American_Patriot! :wink:

1 Like

I use a crossbreed iwb and versa carry holser owb. I also have an ankle holster. I think theres a galco floating around for my revolver, but that one ends up in a ankle holster more often than not. As for a belt, I always end up with like a 3/16ths inch cabelas brand belt. It works!

My first holster was a Nate Squared. Every holster since then has been a Nate Squared except for my shoulder rig, and only because Nate doesn’t make one. My S&W just disappears. I forget I’m carrying most of the time. And I like that it covers the grip as well. No part of my firearm touches my body. Just sheepskin. And its tuckable. I’ve slept with it on. www.n82tactical.com

The shoulder rig is an Alien Gear. Love how it works, just squeaks a lot.

1 Like

Well I settled for a Bigfoot belt and Wethepeople holster. Tried wearing it but need to figure out best for me. So far I prefer IWB at 4 O’Clock. Trying to get used to it. I would have bought the Alien Gear but thought this price seemed good. I’ll end up buying other holsters.

2 Likes

Luke, I bet if you call crossbreed, they would maybe make you an ankle holster for your Springfield XDS 4.0 it’s worth a shot, they are a custom outfit, just a thought bud. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Already ahead of you, Steve. I sent them an email and asked if they could but they said they don’t make them at the factory but rather order them in bulk. No chance for a custom ankle holster unless they’ve added my XDS 4" model to it. Price of getting a model that they aren’t making anymore. But I learned a lesson: before you buy a gun check to see the holsters you can buy.

1 Like

I have been carrying for a few years and like most people, have purchased a number of holsters that just didn’t work for me. For the past 3 months I have been using a Vedder IWB lighttuck with the claw. Even though I am not a big guy (5’9" and 175) I have been amazed that I can carry a CZ P09 at 4:00 with minimal printing. I know there are other great brands also, but this one has worked really well for me.

1 Like

I carry an HK VP9 in that same holster. I bought it with the claw and tried it on without the claw attached. No printing or any other issues. I put the claw on and couldn’t believe how much tighter to my body it pulled the handle in. Not too tight that I can’t draw, but definitely brought the concealability up a notch.

I have 2 holsters I carry a tanfoglio 9mm my safari land paddle holster works awesome because not many holsters are made for my gun. Also just purchased a JM4 IWB holster the original and am very impressed with it.when driving my semi I take it off my side and with the magnets it snaps right to my metal on pass.seat and stays right there.