What do you wear to the range?

We never take a break from protecting our loved ones … even on Labor Day! Stay safe as you enjoy the day dedicated to celebrating your hard work.

Spend $50 or more (matching “his” and “hers” shirts, anyone?) to receive a FREE home-defense training video, which can help you become a better protector no matter where you are!

Get your own here! (Men) (Women)

What apparel do you prefer to wear while you’re training?

2 Likes

I prefer to wear - and do wear - what I wear every day, when I go to the range.

11 Likes

Ditto for me.

3 Likes

As @OldGnome, everyday clothes

3 Likes

I wear a suit and tie. :joy::joy::joy: JK everyday wear.

1 Like

47, Justin47 at the Range:
A_20200907_03

3 Likes

What I think I’m wearing!

What I am wearing daily! Also to the range!

What I wear in the field paint balling with grandkids!

4 Likes

I want a ,“Responsible CCW Training” T-shirt to wear. I have not designed it yet ! I usually wear the USCCA T-shirt.

2 Likes

Well it’s still hot out and the indoor range I attend has AC. I like to wear my cargo shorts due to the pocket space, a T-Shirt, a ball cap with the USCCA born to protect patch and my footwear is a pair of tactical Merrills. Of course my safety equipment consisting of eye and ear protection which I purchased from the USCCA.

2 Likes

A pair of Propper or 511 pants, so that way I have more pockets than I know what to do with. They support many duty belts and rigs. And definitely shades and glasses.

2 Likes

Trousers,
Most definitely trousers.
I don’t think they’d let me in to the range without trousers :rofl:

5 Likes

Entirely depends on how hard I’ll be training that day. Simple trigger control drills? A t-shirt and whatever pants I grab. BUT, if I intend to be rolling around then more appropriate and sturdier clothing is needed. Some of the newer 5.11 pants are absolutely brilliantly designed and have become some of my favorites. The new stretch materials are super comfortable in any condition/position. Several models also do not scream “tactical” which is nice for out-and-about wear, but still have a lot of great features like separate pockets for spare mags, knife etc. I should mention that I DESPISE collared shirts at the range. They are fine when I’m by myself but they seem to be a funnel for hot brass when shooting in a group.

Many folks forget that feet need good protection no matter what and Merrell footwear has not failed me in many years, though I also wear very sturdy Danner boots on occasion. Of course I have hot and cold weather options in clothing and footwear.

3 Likes

and nothing else :wink:

odd that they always turn me away.

2 Likes

Whatever I happen to be wearing at the time. I dont dress to impress. Also figure that even if I am doing CPL-oriented training, I should be wearing what I will most likely be wearing if I was in a situation where I would have to employ my training. So, as most of my shooting is sneaking away at lunch for 30 minutes to an hour of range time once or twice a week, most of the time I am wearing dress pants and a collared button down shirt or polo if I am a bit casual.

3 Likes

I guess I should point out that what I wear to the range is also what I wear to work. Lucky enough to be employed by USCCA!

4 Likes

Just normal clothes that I am wearing that day. Outdoor range I generally do wear boots, but, whatever is comfortable. I don’t get all tacti-cool for the range…but not saying I won’t. lol

2 Likes

I will usually wear my Pro 2A things to the range, since I am open carrying as I am usually taking numerous weapons worth alot of $ in my left hand so I can keep my right hand free for protection

1 Like

I’m also of the philosophy of everyday clothing, train in what you would be wearing in the grocery store! However isn’t the range the exact place I should be practicing in my carrier rig, vest, drop leg holster, etc. FYI, if I’m at home I’ll be wearing my custom made robe.

2 Likes

For sure. Gotta be proficient in as many predictable and unpredictable scenarios as possible. That’s why I said I’m not opposed to that stuff either. I just don’t have plate carriers yet; eventually I’ll have my hooah gear.

3 Likes