What do you think about SCCY CPX-1

Some perceptions are because it is made in a foreign country, marketed in this country with great affordability that somehow it is inferior to the more popular makes. Yet, it is just as functional, aesthetically acceptable, and durable as those more popular and have been longstanding. In some instances, maybe even better. It’s subjective, of course.

What makes a Lexus better than a Hyundai? Largely, the perception. But when I look at it, I still see a Nissan. But that’s just my opinion. That’s all I’m saying @David-65.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s because it’s made in a different country. I really don’t think many people care about that. In some cases that people care the made in a different country is preferred. Look at the big names of H&K, Glock, Sig, CZ, etc, where their big models are made in a different country. Look at the generally more highly regarded Canik made in Turkey even.

I don’t think sccy is anywhere close to Hyundai. I think sccy is more like Daewoo Motors. I"d say Lexus, which is Toyota, is like Glock. They are boringly reliable everybody has them and they just plain work. Hyundai would be like, IDK, Ruger? Big name, found everywhere, usually not the most expensive, nothing wrogn with them, etc…IDK. But yeah I don’t think sccy is even close to the market position in firearms than Hyundai is with cars. Hyundai has been around since 1967…sccy since 2005. For example

But, being a cheap, hadn’t heard of it before, zero professionals use it, zero agencies use it. zero government militaries use it (as far as I know)…yeah those are kind of red flags

4 Likes

Now, that was funny! Daewoo… I see you’ve been around for a while! LOL, Daewoo…

Well, while I’m not in disagreement with you; perceptions as well as opinions do vary.

I remember when Hyundai was introduce in our market; you could buy it brand new for $3.750.00. The reputation was horrible. And it was well deserved. It showed up with no replacement parts, and you could drive from one end of town to the other, and it would smoke all the way, and breakdown by the time you finished a complete cycle. It kept good company with the UGO. And though Hyundai has made a strong comeback, perceptions still exist, but I know, we’re talking about firearms. Yet, the same perceptions do carry…particularly in some of my spheres of communication.

2 Likes

I just got completely lost in all the analogies.

I thought this was Guns and Gear. Not Car and Driver?:crazy_face:

4 Likes

right there with you brother :crazy_face: :joy:

3 Likes

Forget the analogies, sccy is still a johnny-come-lately with very limited unproven offerings that no professionals anywhere seem to use

4 Likes

We know that CPX2 is better than CPX1… so let’s find out if this gun is worth spending any money on it.

So far I trusted these reviews and these never gave me false information.

3 Likes

Soooo, about those Hyundai’s…

1 Like

Don’t even start…
I’ve been driving 2 Hyundais for last 4 years and these were only cars that never gave me single problem.
:yum:

BTW…why do you see Nissan looking at Lexus… if this is a Toyota? :smile:

2 Likes

Oh, I’m good, brother! I’ve been driving a Hyundai Equus for years now that has given me absolutely no trouble, and an S Class Mercedes that makes my nose bleed every time I go for a repair because some sensor went off! A finicky POS, but I love’em! But I love my Hyundai as well, makes my Mercedes dealer offended every time my wife drops me off to pick up the Mercedes from having to be repaired. And I do so wearing jeans, tennis shoes, and a sanitized white ironed T-Shirt!

2 Likes

:love_you_gesture:
If you want successfully drive Mercedes for 200K miles, you must move to Europe.
If you want to successfully shoot SCCY, you must move… Nowhere, I believe… :face_with_monocle: Just don’t shoot it.

3 Likes

To be clear, my analogy was that Hyundai was far too good and proven to compare sccy to them. :wink:

5 Likes

I don’t like to be disparaging, and prefer to think the best is possible even when all evidence tend to say different. While Hyundai had a rough start when introduced into my market area, they have made very strong improvements and have proven its ability to be a force through demonstrated performance, though some are still stuck in the past and are hanging on to its former reputation and perception. The SCCY may one day demonstrate a potential for serious regard. Until then…well…have I told you about my Hyundai?!

4 Likes

Speaking of Hyundais. We bought one for our new family vehicle almost 2 years ago. Based on the fact that their reliability ratings have gone up quite a bit over the last 5 years and the fact that I would have had to pay $7K more at the time for the similarly equipped Toyota I wanted. The Hyundai actually handles better and has more usable cargo space than the Toyota.

I do think Toyotas are still a step above in the build quality department and doubt the Hyundai will easily go over 200k without a lot of issues like most Toyotas do.

We are talking about SCCYs right?:wink:

2 Likes

Yes that was what I started with. But, it quickly went to cars. so I don’t know what the heck we are talking about now. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Has anyone found a good SCCY’s holster for Hyundai? :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

That’s simple. Pass the SCCY and go with something more reliable… :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

:laughing::sweat_smile::rofl::joy::upside_down_face: lmao :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Absolutely, for sure! :+1: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’ve never shot one but have seen some very poor reviews. Not interested

4 Likes